Foosball.com Forums

Michigan State Championships

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
Re: Michigan State Championships
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »
bbtuna....Fast isn't everything...I'm sure you do just fine with yours...I don't try to do it so fast as it is just the way that shot for me  goes ya know?... I have incorporated some wrist shots along with the open handed since playing him last and I must say it works even better cause I have a few more options from it. I know what you mean as far as age is cocerned, i'm not as young as I once was either but I love to compete. The ball control for this shot took me being in my basement shooting it with a two by four covering the goal all but about an inch and a half. for many many hours....despite people telling me to shoot something different...oh well...I almost gave up on it but I just thought if I put my mind to it I can do it. I'd love to play sometime...I have alot of appreciation for seeing others do the same shot too. Thanx for saying hi to chris for me and all....gotta go wife is calling me for food!!!!lol you know how that is....peace!!!! happy foosinaround
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:12:49 PM by foosinaround69 »

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
i am plenty fast, just not as fast as you according to Chris...you sound like you understand the kind of dedication it takes to make the shot work ...

when i started i would shoot the push side for 2 hours in a row and then show the pull side 2 hours in a row and I did that for months...I didn't use a 2 by anything, I just lined the goalie up behind the two bar to ensure I wasn't cutting back and made the whole increasingly small until I was regularly (9-10 , 18-20) going around a sliver less than deadman

in those days it was pure speed and corners and occasional kicks but now it is anywhere, anytime, anyway, any speed...

since I am older than you and have been shooting this longer, I think we can agree that you are shooting my shot not the other way around  ;)...just kidding...I look forward to meeting and playing with you some time...

good luck in the tourament coming up...you better practice hard because Chris has been prepping and he is looking good and has won 5 out of 11 weekly DYP's (see NETFoos.com -Shawnee Mission KS) outside of a couple pro-masters Chris is the one of the top couple players in the area and outside of me  ;D, he can beat them all half or more of the time

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »
Well I have been practicing for states quite abit actually not as much as I'd like but I feel like i'm doing pretty good. :) I'm not sure I am going to go now :'( Things are tough right now. I'm looking for another job cause the job I was doing didn't work out money wise. So I need to come up with some money by then. I hope so cause it's my birthday on the 7th and I'd like to win!!!!!  :D When I used to HAVE a table I'd put in several hours a day shooting and doing ball control. But I'd use the 2x4 to make sure the shot went exactly where I wanted it to go, no spraying!! I'm one of those guys who's known for doing a whole slew of shots, and if I may say so, I can do all of them pretty good too. Maybe not in a tourny setting, but I have them just in case..Mainly for fun... :)

As far as shooting your shot...well...you're probably right...lol..I'm in my mid forties  :(  so I'm not that much younger than you. Standing at the table is alot more difficult these days  :( Oh well..we still play..right? I think I'll be playing this game for a long long time,you?  You should come up for the tourny with Chris....take care

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »
Im trying to locate a good weekly tournament in michigan Ive been playing at the dispach in lansing but they arnt running any tournaments. when and where I need to play

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »
Wolverine State Brewing. We have a T2000 coin-op in mint. There's usually quite a few playing on thursday nights. We have a DYP at 7:00 PM on 9/15/2010. 5 entry, 5 for food. You can check out some pics of the action at our last event at our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/207415472622162/.
-Nate