Foosball.com Forums

Imagine,,,,

Imagine,,,,
« on: March 06, 2008, 07:44:25 PM »
Imagine that the game died out and you went onto other things for 25 years, but you always missed it and thought about it. Imagine finally finding yourself buying a table again and finding everything had changed, people, terminology, shots, tables, everything. Then imagine spending the next 4 months or so relearning the game, adjusting the old game to work with the new, getting piece by piece back,watching videos of the best and working on playing as close to that level as possible. Some you say, "Wow!" and some you say, "I want to play him."(about the videos). Then finally you get a chance to stop at a local foos gathering spot, 60 miles away, hoping for that game to break the long draught. Nobody is playing,,, so you plop your quarters in and start banging some shots when you hear,"Look at that guy, he's playing by himself, Hey why don't you come play on this table? I'll put up the quarters." I'd like to say he was good and it was a good test but no. The poor bastard got hit with 25 years of pent up foos. He walked away without saying a word and I left thinking, "Oh yeah,,," ;D