Foosball.com Forums

2009 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour Schedule

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: 2009 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour Schedule
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »
Thank you, Brad, for setting us straight.  And it's also great to know that Pat Ryan was on that committee, as Alan was obviously SURPRISED to know.  I suffer from the perception, probably not just among Bonzini U.S.A. players, not to mention Tornado U.S.A. players, and any others that follow USTSF & ITSF events, that the USTSF selection committee was predominantly composed of Tornado U.S.A. players, heavily supported by Valley-Dynamo.

Perhaps others and I have just been spoiled, because all international or Olympic Team USA nominations & invitations for qualification always have been heavily publicized to all, for as long as I can remember.  Of course, these USOC committees and similar national ones have obviously been in existence, with solid funding and support, for decades longer than the USTSF.  Contrast this to when Billy, who turned out to be your highest nomination and final votes getter (rignt?), was honestly scrambling for information on the Nantes event in mid-October on Phil's Foosballboard.com! So obviously everyone concluded that the USTSF selection internally nominated possible members, and the next thing was your announcement of who was nominated and who was going.  So you can see the confusion and "idle paranoid postulation" (yeah, that's me) until you guys ventured forward with your info.

The fact that Billy and Todd are not going is very sad news, and now Tommy, too.  However, even the multi-million dollar selections for World Cup soccer and Olympic Hockey or Basketball are just as, and even more prone, to scheduling and contractual conflicts as much any international federation or committee.  And the experience gained by their replacements, at least, should benefit U.S.A. international foosball in a way they never would have, otherwise.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »
Foozkillah (and anyone else interested),

Everyone was scrambling for information about the World Cup, and who would be going.  The Tournament was announced on early september (I believe), with confirmation of a countries wish to participate needing to be submitted by September 30th.  The Selection committee was formed immediately and then came the task of putting the list of potential players together.  Once we were sure there would be enough interest in fielding not just the men's team but a separate women's team as well. The USTSF Sent notice to the ITSF that we would like to send both a men's and women's team.  Then came the task of figuring out who was going to be on the team.  Not just selecting the team, but making sure everyone could attend and that they could pay their own way there.  The team wasn't finalized until the DAY that the team had to be submitted to the ITSF(Nov. 15th).  It was decided that the teams members shouldn't be made public until they were finalized (players who had been already selected to the team knew they were selected in advance of the public announcement).   We wouldn't want to announce a team, then keep changing the announced team members as they decide whether or not they can or cannot attend the event (for whatever reasons they may have).  I hope that clears up some of the questions about the process.  Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and I'll do my best to answer.

Pat Ryan

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »
Brian

And it's also great to know that Pat Ryan was on that committee, as Alan was obviously SURPRISED to know.

I am also pleased with his selection.
Who were the others?

Pat is a valuable contributor to our tables development along the East Coast.
Mr. Ryan is also our head official and official trainer fro the Bonzini U.S.A. Tour.

To keep our players at bay with hopes of retaining their support for the USTSF, information such as the selection committee process could be a little more transparent. This would definately help squash the conspiracy theorist out there.

I talked to Tracy Mc. today about his table. We're going to draw him to the darkside before it's over. ;)
You know being the subversive organization that we are with lower skilled players, seeking World Domination. :D

Later,

AC

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »
To keep our players at bay with hopes of retaining their support for the USTSF, information such as the selection committee process could be a little more transparent. This would definately help quash the conspiracy theorists out there.

conspiracy theorists = curious, nosy troublemakers ?  ;D

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »
I talked to Tracy Mc. today about his table. We're going to draw him to the darkside before it's over. ;)  You know being the subversive organization that we are with lower skilled players, seeking World Domination. :D  Later, AC

Don't forget Melissa!  If the darkside corrupts her enough, you could soon have thousands upon thousands of pictures on the web, showing play from the darkside.  First Texas, then Ohio, tomorrow ..., domination absolue du monde, avec des langoustines!!  8)

Offline alaris

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
Melissa wants to be a Multi-table player, she ain't scared! That's the way you do it, you go girl!

BLT

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
My favorite quote from all of this (from Mario A. I believe) was 'I don't play Tornado, I play foosball'!  I will hack it around on any table you put me in front of.  I can't tell you how excited I am to get to play 5 different tables at the ITSF World Championships!  I think we are lucky to have the Bonzini community in the USA.  Options are great!  And isn't diversity one of the things that makes the US the great country it is? 

:)
Melissa

Offline Daniel

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 02:16:54 AM »
We should have a multi table event in the US Tornado Bonzini and Warrior and hell any other table that wants to show.  If all the table manufacturers chipped in some cash we would have a big payout that would be great for foosball.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 06:22:47 AM »
Becca,

Post some info about the SC Open event!
I started a topic on it yesterday.
You guys are going to have one of the biggest 1-day events ever.
We're real close to getting the paperwork done for the SC State in May.
Also, how about the trip to the ICE House in Summerville?
What was that like?

We've got a new Bonzini U.S.A. group out of Blacksburg, VA getting ready to start up also.
Expect to see them at the Jimmy V NC Open.

Mel,
You're going to have a blast in Nantes. Once outside of Paris the locals tend to be extremely helpful.
Make it to the coast while you're there.
I wish I were going now. :(

Brian,
Our next attempt for domination will probably be NY.
Currently working to disguise the Southern accent. ;)
Should be a good move, I'm a NY style pizzaholic.

What's up Daniel,
I'm not much of a fan for multi-table events as far as a table rep goes.
It really serves no purpose for us as we wish to distance our product, promotions and services from other tables.
Different approach for fresh horizons with the game of foos.

We try to create brand loyalty through our player promotions and service.
Our players receive free table usage for the events they wish to hold independently from our sanctioned events.
It is our way of showing gratitude for their support.
The January SC event is a great example; 6 tables, lighting, balls and event support. They will operate and direct the entire event without any table $$$$ expense.

As far as manufacturer assistance for a multi-table tournament,  Bonzini U.S.A. recieves no promotional $$$ support from Bonzini. We've never asked for it and want to build the organization on its own merits and hard work. 10 years and still running, it's been a helluva learning experience. I've come to realize that foosball as a game can be either used as a weapon or a tool. :-\

BTW, thanks for the great job of keeping the board up to date via videos, articles, forum and etc.

later

AC

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »
Perhaps others and I have just been spoiled, because all international or Olympic Team USA nominations & invitations for qualification always have been heavily publicized to all, for as long as I can remember.  Of course, these USOC committees and similar national ones have obviously been in existence, with solid funding and support, for decades longer than the USTSF.  Contrast this to when Billy, who turned out to be your highest nomination and final votes getter (rignt?), was honestly scrambling for information on the Nantes event in mid-October on Phil's Foosballboard.com!

USTSF announces all its news and information on our wesbite (www.ustsf.org), not on the various message boards. If you click on the "News" link at the top  of the page, you'll see a string of announcements, including how the USA national team was selected (both the process used and the members of the sleection committee). We're not hiding anything, but you (Billy too) have to go to our website to find out information about us :-).

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »
Don't kill my thread Nardoci >:(
Or face the wrath when we meet again :o

AC

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »
Looks like he killed it!

I hate to see a Bonzini thread die

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 08:20:20 AM »
Todd,

The thread may die but the table never will. ;D
Unless Bonzini decides to make a table flavor of the month. :D

Merry Christmas to the Toronto group.
Give Sharron my regards.

Alan

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 10:57:06 AM »
Hey Alan

Thanks for the wishes and I will extend them to Sharon and the group.

The best to you and yours for a great Christmas and New Year.

Todd