Foosball.com Forums

women and foosin

women and foosin
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:51:31 PM »
I wondered, how come more women dont foos, like say compared to other sports like pool, bowling, etc?

I always did wonder that. do women not know about foosball, or are just not interested? Or does the sport not make much effort to attract more women players?

thoughts?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: women and foosin
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:23:18 PM »
Check out Shelley Langley from Denver Co. or Christina Fuchs, couple of real good female foosers. I believe both have pro master standings.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. :)

I know there are pro women players, but my guess is they are few in numbers.

I'm talking about women players in general, regardless of the skill level. I have not played in years, but I remember not seeing that many women in the sport, compared to men . especially here in maryland
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 08:05:41 PM by macgig.com »

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. :)

I know there are pro women players, but my guess is they are few in numbers.

I'm talking about women players in general, regardless of the skill level. I have not played in years, but I remember not seeing that many women in the sport, compared to men . especially here in maryland

There are some good MD women--one got 1st in Rookie Women's Doubles and 2nd in Rookie Women's Singles at Nationals this year.  But usually there are only 2-3 women playing at 999s for a weekly tournament, or 3-4 at Jimmy's or Crystal City on the Virginia side of DC.  There are at least 7 women in the DC area who play seriously enough to have gone to out of state tournaments this year.