Foosball.com Forums

You want to make foos grow?

You want to make foos grow?
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
I think that to have it grow is to have an identifiable structure. Local then state then regional then national. How hard is that? I would imagine most states have players so why not, even if it is a few, establish state champions and those ranked beneath them. And then a Regional without limitations and then a national with classes defined by regionals. I know it is a bit simplistic but we can really do some good things if it is done in a way that makes sense.

Offline alaris

Re: You want to make foos grow?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
IMO that is exactly what BonziniUSA is doing.  Bonzini may not have as many players as the American table but they have a great dedicated player base in many states and Canada. The list of players keeps growing.

Regionals & Nationals hopefully one day.   

:)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
Cool! How hard is it to see a simple progression,,,, 8)

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:59:11 PM »
Yeah it sounds good in theory but foos is always so fragmented that implementation is really hard. Locally we have formed a players association with the intentions of starting a 501(c). Hopefully this will serve as a basis for some sort of actual structure but who knows how it will pan out. We have a decent group of guys here who get along well and dont mind spending their free time for the good of the whole. Unfortunately lots of areas have players who are not as amicable or willing to sacrifice their free time so this is not as feasible...