Foosball.com Forums

NW foosball, alive and well!

NW foosball, alive and well!
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »
We just had a tourney with over 40 players in Portland OR. The gang from Seattle came down and it was intense! My team won it's first two and then lost two close matches. No shame at all as it was back and forth and against ranked players. I played back and was scoring two goals a game and blocking a good percentage. All week I worried I wouldn't measure up but I had a lot of quality players giving me kudos after my matches. It's been a long road from the 80's till now with a 20+ year layoff. Guys like Bbtuna and 'Killa have followed my journey as much as any as I wear it on my sleeve and I want to say, life is good, I'm ready to play now. Someday we battle, as friends, but we battle,,,, ;)

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:16:45 AM by Snake Shot Blows »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: NW foosball, alive and well!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
Don't let the negativity bring you down OM. I like your attitude even if you are a lowly beginner. :)

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
Lowly beginner?!?! LOL, I like that. And as for defending the NW talent pool, I don't have to. You come here and test the waters and then make your noise if you dare. Spouting off from a distance is little man stuff,,,

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
sounds like you had alot of fun old miester, so i dont know why those guys are hating on your parade. keep enjoying the game because it sounds like you love it and thats what its all about.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »
Bubbyman, Yup! I did. Life is way to short to beat up on yourself thus shutting yourself off from your skills. I did have a good time and my opponents didn't like it too much. I didn't think Alaskan Thunder was getting down on me at all though, he seemed to be giving me a friendly nudge to get me going and I sure don't mind that. Snake blower seems to have a chip on his shoulder though, his problem not mine.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:36:57 PM »
LOL yeah, I'm only calling you a lowly beginner because you have been playing foos since before I was born, not knocking your skills. No hating here, its nice to see someone who is not jaded like 3/4 of foosers are.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »
Yeah, I don't get that. Where did that come from anyway?  I actually enjoy seeing the talents that players have and don't think I'm giving anything away when I compliment someone on a shot. The better you are the more fun I have. I love to study players, to see what makes their game go. To have them be A--holes while playing just tells me that they are missing something and trying to cover it up. Foos has always been a producer of big egos. The problem with a big ego is it sometimes gets in the way of being honest about your own skills. A little self humility might allow you to see the real picture making this game alot easier to deal with on the cranial level.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:25:56 PM by Snake Shot Blows »

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »
OM and everyone else who understands what I am talking about,

our board has a troll and the best thing to do with trolls is to totally ignore them when they try and stir things up...it drives them crazy if they become invisible...it is their unreasonable need for attention that drives the troll behavior

if no one response then they no longer exist

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »
Right as usual Bbtuna. AKthunder, after reading my response to you I realise that I didn't make it plain that I was referring to the hating when I said I don't get that. I got your humor right off and appreciate it. As far as trolls, at least make it about something thought provoking, then it's all good. This is a great site and a lot of good stuff is covered here, why go negative on everyone? If I'm suppose to defend my game and claim to be better than Freddy or Spree, well I'm not quite that naive. In fact when I play I'm about what I bring to the table. Conquer yourself type mentality. I don't come here to toot my horn but I do come here to share, discuss, and learn. Good people here,,,,

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »
OM,

"As far as trolls, at least make it about something thought provoking, then it's all good."  If it was thought provoking then it wouldn't be a troll...a troll is just trying to rile people up

now stop talking about it and don't try and defend, that is the darn point!

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
OK lol, I get it.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »
I see a couple of our NW foosers did alright at the Michigan Warrior tourney, Jack Lenty and Janette Morris. I think the talent up here in the NW is doing just fine,,,, Way to go!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
anyone up there ever hear from Larry Folk?