Foosball.com Forums

Wow, Brown Marble with Shelf and plastic top

Re: Wow, Brown Marble with Shelf and plastic top
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »
It looks like someone just built a low profile box incorporating a piece of plexiglass and installed on top of the table.

Are you seeing something different?

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
Tuna,

I can't tell from the pictures - which direction do the men go?  LOL

Tyler

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »
I think the defenders have their butt to the goal and the offensive men have their faces toward the goal and if they are wearing a hat, it depends if it is a baseball cap if they are wearing traditional way or the hip bill in the back...bill straight back with roll pin head on backside the man faces west but if the grooves are on the side they face north unless the bill is tilted toward Canada - unless of course they are pink in which case they face the serving hole

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:56:35 PM »
Tuna,

I just bought some replacement men with hats and they are worn off to the side - the gangsta upgrade assortment. I have no clue which way is up now...LOL

Tyler

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
You'd think if they would go to all the trouble to put that plastic roof on, they could have at least extended the scoring posts to rise above the shelf so you could actually see your own and your opponents score during the game.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:38 PM »
Actually a very interesting add-on... I wonder how easily removable that plexiglass or whatever clear cover is.   Kinda shuts down any aerial shots or passes, of course..   Talk about real "indoor" table soccer.

I note that the cover makes it harder to put wider-bodied drink glasses on the sides, besides completely preventing any drink spills onto the surface, of course.  That could be a nice *ss-hole drinker proofing of the table..  The one thing I would change is to use a table-hockey or Garlando style "bubble" top, instead of the square panes, to prevent drinks from being set onto it, as well as stopping morons from sitting on the table.   If that add-on with a bubble top could be purchased for under $150.00, it might be a great add-on for bars and other commercial gameroom venues.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »
A real bummer if the ball is out of reach. What would you do, pick up one end of the table?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
I talked to the seller. He said that the top is easy to remove, it would just leave 4 screw holes. He put it on because people kept stuffing the goals. I'm actually bidding on it right now but I don't think I'm gonna pay more than $300. My engineering friend and I are thinking about doing a crazy custom table. We are thinking about doing some type of electronic scoring system among other things.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »
Hey Thunder,

What's happening, Chris!
I have an old Striker cabinet with the electronic scoring system still functioning well, if you need any design ideas.

Take care........................................Tyler

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »
Nice!! An old Striker is what gave me the idea. If this plan comes to fruition, we may hit you up for some ideas... One of the guys on EZboard built a sweet mirror cabinet table a while back. We are planning on doing something like that with a few technological innovations.