Foosball.com Forums

What table should I buy?

Re: What table should I buy?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 03:08:52 AM »
If the new Tornado tables manufactured they way they are were cars or trucks they would be on the government recall list. I think they call them "lemons".

Lenexa,

Please write proper English, grammatically check your posts, and stop being such an A$$

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
Nice Paul let him have it both barrels!! How's Little Italy? You didn't let those guys school you to bad did you? I have some Inside Foos Dvd's for you of Spredeman and Ryan Moore, Several others. Give me a shout if you still have my number and I will get them to you.

Snake

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »
Yeah Paul, where were you Tuesday? I thought I'd make an appearance at Little Italy's and meet you and also check on the kids(that Dylan is a killer player). Oh well, we had fun. 
Lenexa, people here will be welcoming if you don't come off so confrontational. Tell us your story and you might find that we are tolerant if given a chance.

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »
I just got off the phone with a guy that has a Coin-op table for sale from a bar that closed down local to me.  He said it's in excellent shape and it was purchased new in Jan '06.  According to the list, it just might be a grey marble with merkel rods...exactly what I've been looking for for the past couple months!! :D

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »
I just got off the phone with a guy that has a Coin-op table for sale from a bar that closed down local to me.  He said it's in excellent shape and it was purchased new in Jan '06.  According to the list, it just might be a grey marble with merkel rods...exactly what I've been looking for for the past couple months!! :D

How much dey ask'in fer it?

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »
He said he wasn't sure what it was worth, but he'd like to get $500 for it.   :D

Offline GeneT

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
 Does it come with a bearing wrench, pin driver, and 9 balls?    Are the rods bent?   Have any up and down play in the bearings?   Good thing about Tornado, it can all be fixed, and parts are available.  If it’s a solid table, $500 is not a bad price.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
!
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
a Grey Marble for $500, assuming there are no structural issues and all 8 rods don't need replacing, is a STEAL

if it is an 06 Grey it should be all the best Merkel rods which makes it worth even more...I would jump on that as fast as possible...just check for structural issues and if there aren't any, have that 500 in your pocket and make the deal before someone swoops in and takes it from you

now GET MOVING!

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »

I have a little hobby of looking at tables for sale on craigslist at many major cities just to see what is out there...

In my 6 month quest for a tornado coin-op I had 4 deals that were comprable in price to this table.  And tables that came up in this price range were from Tampa to Charlotte....I am in the middle of the two cities and willing to drive. After talking to the people about the details/condition/etc. of the tables I told them I would call them back shortly if I wanted to purchase....when i called back to say I was on my way the tables were gone!....SOLD and I mean in a few hours.

To reiterate Tuna...you must pounce on this table tonight or it will be gone!

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
What's interesting is it isn't posted anywhere online.  He stocks all kinds of stuff at bars around town.  I just spoke to him again and he said he has two tables in bars right now that he wants to sell. He says they were bought new in the begining of 2006, but he thought they were dark brown or blonde wood grain.  From what I've read though, they should be grey marbles though.  I'm going to check them out tonight.  $500 for either one.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
Hey Charles I found a MINT dark cherry coin-op on craigs list for $500 I just don't know anything about cherry's or blonde's. Play like a brownie or grey marble? Thoughts from you guys....

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »
cherry plays fastest of all the tables - a mint condition coin op for 500 is a good deal...i own the cherry and i like the Grey and Brown Mrbls best for how they play ... if we could still get Merkel rods and with the ability to convert any table to current standards, you can make them all play great

my cherry is fully converted, men, bearings, side strips, and handles and i already had Merkels on my side and I would put it up against any other table

however, since most Grey's come with Merkels, it is the best table you can buy right now...i would pay up to 800 for one so anything less is a deal

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »
if you have the cash flow buy both and sell the second one...should be able to get at least 700 if you take your time and maybe as much as 850

tell us what happens because that is a super great deal

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
He called me back with a third option. I just got done looking at it. It's an old brown marble with metal feet. He said it's been at this bar "forever". The laminate was chipped On a couple corners, the rods spun smoothly, but 2 and 3 man had a slight wobble. Overall a very dirty looking table and some of the men were held on with literally, rust nails. He said $350 for it. Off to the next place where an '06 table is.

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 08:01:20 PM »
Table 2 is a great marble 30th anniversary in great shape. One question though, how can I tell if it has merkel rods? I noticed all rods are very thick except one of the goalie rods is thinner walled(bigger hole). The edges are kind of rough cut with a bevel that almost looks like it was done with a file, then chrome plated over. Any thoughts??