Foosball.com Forums

Is this a good deal..please help im new to this

Is this a good deal..please help im new to this
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
Looking to buy this tornado table but really dont want to if its not a good deal.  I have heard that i should buy a tornado because of its quality.  I can get it for $125, im trying to figure out how to add pics

Re: Is this a good deal..please help im new to this
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:16 AM »
here is the link to the pictures, let me know if you thinks its worth it
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/2104322831.html

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
Well first, that is not ALL Tornado. That has other men on the table. The base is Tornado but the men are not! It looks like the rods and handles are tornado as well. Tell them that info and offer $125 (Then for another $100 go out and buy now men. That is still a good deal! But you need to know what you are getting!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
Looks like one side strip is missing.
At least 4 different kinds of men.  Hard to tell from the picture what kind.  The blue ones look like American.  The red look like a mixture of Dynamo, old style Tornado and something else.  The black look like possibly the pre 1980 original style and the early 80's new style before they went to a roll pin.

If you're buying this to bring up to tournament specs, you're pushing the value.  If you're a true newbie and just want to get a solid table, then go for it.  You'll probably always be able to get your money back on a resale, assuming it doesn't have some unseen problems.

Raise the table top and look for water/moisture damage.  Take a decent ball with you and check to make sure the playfield is not bowed.  Make a counter offer for it.  You might get really lucky.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
Interesting thing here...really a hodge pog of parts put on a brown marble coin-op.

From the picture it does not appear to have coin-op legs or at least it does not appear to have any levelers...also I think I only see 4 score discs instead of 5 although that could be optical.

I would pay maybe 100.00 for the body and realize to bring it to where it has consistent men and new strips, etc. it is going to cost >200.00 in parts.

Still might be something to look into though.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
Counter him with $120 for the frankenstein Tornado table and for the kick-arse TV...

The leg levelers were probably just unscrewed and taken off for whatever reason and the ESD coin mechanism looks all jacked up (easily fixed though).  Ask him to take a picture of the inside of the table, and as long as there is no moisture damage...then pretty much anything brokencan be replaced, but factor that into your final counter offer.  I think all in all it looks like it could be a pretty good deal.