Foosball.com Forums

Table Types?

Table Types?
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:06:39 AM »
I'm looking to purchase a foosball table and I'm not sure if this table exists or what it would be called.  Background:

I lived in Spain for a year and during that time my foosball skills and interest increased quite a bit.  The only kind of table I played on that year, the only table I found, was inclined at both ends.  Imagine a "V" flattened out such that the ball would eventually rest in the middle of the table.  This brings me to my questions:

1.  What kind of table is this (assuming it has a name)?
2.  Where can I buy this kind of table?

I'm thinking that if I can't find this particular table I'll end up with a Bonzini which seems closest.

I've read about the various types on Wikipedia, but there's not a lot of info on how the tables are different, the layout of the players/men on the field, where the table is flat vs. inclined, etc.  So I try to go off pictures but I haven't seen the table I describe.

Anyway, thanks for the help folks!  I'm really looking forward to getting back into the sport.  ;)

Re: Table Types?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:26:03 AM »
Matt,

The table you played on was a Segarsus I believe.
There was one for sell on Craigslist in Raleigh, NC last week for $1,000.00.

If you are interested in a Bonzini table, I'll be glad to help you.

Where are you located?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
I think the brand is Segarsa.  It is similar to what is described.  Also has a different arrangement of player figures.  From left to right (starting with goalie and ending with forwards) 1 man goalie, 3 man defense, 3 man middle row, 4 man forward.  I little different than what is available herre in the USA.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »
Right now, actually, I'm in Greensboro, NC visiting relatives.  I was thinking about giving the Bonzini folks a call to see if they have a showroom somewhere nearby.  I currently live in Colorado.

PayRyan, that's exactly how I remember the setup.  It was pretty amazing what my friends could do with the forwards with the inclined table. ;)  I'll check out the Segarsa.

But, if, in the end I decide not to get the Segarsa, I would want to choose a high-quality Bonzini.  This is something that my family and friends would use for a long long time.  Alan, what model would you recommend?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »
Since you are in NC, there should be plenty of opportunity to see Bonzini tables.  There are some out on location in Winston-Salem (I think that would be the closest to Greensboro), But Alan will know better. 

I am pretty sure that if you decided to get the Segarsa, It would cost ALOT.  There are not any dsitributors for that table in North America (to my knowledge).  So you would have to buy overseas(translated, buy from a Spanish distributor) and have it shipped in, VERY costly.  I am sure one of the tables available here in the US would help scratch the foosball itch. 

I am sure Alan will chime in soon, with his take ;) 

PS Where in Colorado are you?  there are some excellent players in that part of the country.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »
Matt,

I'm only 35 miles away from Greensboro, NC.
Give me a call at 336-325-3183 whenever you can.
I can go over the differences.

I would recommend a B-90 with tournament style upgrades.
You will not have to worry about the table changing from year to year and our company is basically player owned and operated.

Where in Colorado?
I was in Boulder a few months back and my buddy Brian Shrunk has a Bonzini out there.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:36:16 PM by Alan Cribbs »

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »
Located in Aurora.

I guess I should get myself used to the tables used here stateside.  And I should be clear that when I say my skills "increased quite a bit" that means I learned how to hit the ball hard without spinning.  :D

Alan I'll give you a holler.  Thanks.  ;)

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

Is this the table you remember?

Very strange looking for those of us used to the American style tables.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
I don't remember there being only three on each side in the middle of the table, but that's the table alright.  :)  I'm amazed at how quickly I got responses on the table type.  We spent a lot of time between classes playing.  I liked it because it made it very easy to control the ball when at the forward position.  You could just gently move the ball from side to side and whack away when it "felt right", so to speak.  Fun times.

Maybe someday, if I have the money and space, I'll get one for nostalgia.  ;)

Thanks for helping guys!

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
That is an interesting table. It actually has the men laid out correctly by real soccer position. I also like the way the men are holding onto the rods as opposed to being skewered by the rod! That would be a fun table to try out.

Tyler

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »

But, if, in the end I decide not to get the Segarsa, I would want to choose a high-quality Bonzini. 

Somebody... anybody.... stop me, hehehehehe

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
But, if, in the end I decide not to get the Segarsa, I would want to choose a high-quality Bonzini.  This is something that my family and friends would use for a long long time.  Alan, what model would you recommend?

Do they make a low-end/entry level/Twister-model Bonzini???

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »
Yes,

Le Stadium

Not carried in the U.S. unless specifically ordered.

AC

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »
Well, I will admit that I am not wise in the ways of the brands out there.  ;)  As I was talking with Alan, I was explaining how I hate it every time someone tells me they have a foosball table and would I like to play, and it's some crap from Sears or something.  Arrrgh.  I'm not a great player but I hate those things.  And they're usually broken in some way, heh.