Foosball.com Forums

Passing form 5 to 3 on the fly

Passing form 5 to 3 on the fly
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »
If the ball comes to me on the 5-man on the move from the opponents goal end, makes contact with the front face of the first man on the 5-man rod, and I then immediately bounce it off the wall, do I have to make contact with a second man before I pass?
The ball is never pinned or stopped.
Only one man touches the ball in my possession at 5-man.
I have used both a lane pass and a wall pass off this but am not sure if it is legal.
Thanks
DFW

Re: Passing form 5 to 3 on the fly
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
pretty sure as long as the ball hasnt stopped moving its all good. but once the ball stops it needs to hit another man.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
Wait a minute...something's not right here (or I am seriously misunderstanding the question):
makes contact with the front face of the first man on the 5-man rod, and I then immediately bounce it off the wall, do I have to make contact with a second man before I pass?

The response given is no.  I think the correct answer is yes.

If the ball touches either face of the 5/1 - then bounces off the wall and is passed by the same 5/1... it is illegal.

The ball cannot touch the face (including front and back) of the same man twice immediately before passing.
Has this been on the board wrong since March - or am I confused? 

Paul

Offline crazy8

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
So...I'm wrong again:
23.1.4 If the ball touches the front or back of the man prior to the motion of a pass it must touch a second man before it can be legally caught on the three-rod (or five-man rod when passing from the goalie rods). However, if the ball hits the front or back of the man on the initial contact from another rod it can be legally passed with the same man.