Foosball.com Forums

Help picking first table // On the Edge?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Help picking first table // On the Edge?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
you can get a used Tornado coin op for $300-$450 and there is no reason to look for anything else...i have helped many people work through this who come on here with the same ideas and intentions you have shared, trust me you will be proud and happy to have gotten a table that will literally last your life time...in addition, you will not have to compromise in play or abilities AND if you or your kids ever take the game seriously, you/they will have the foundation to do it

if you ever decide to sell it, you will have the biggest market available because you have a coin op

you can contact me any time and I will help answer questions and help you identify a reasonable purchase

start by using Craig's list and make your search as far as you would consider driving to pick up a table...search for Tornado coin op foosball table...that should give you plenty to look for

most likely we will end up with a "Brown Marble"...see the diff tbls in this thread I put together

http://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 01:09:13 AM »
My pinball quest continues, but my guess is $300-$400 will be my absolute ceiling, and probably towards the lower end. It's encouraging to hear you that can work out to a good table. I have a big white box truck with a lift gate, so moving it is no problem. I've searched from the Olympic Peninsula all the way to Spokane and down to Portland but not come up with a Tornado, or any of the other tables mentioned earlier. I think I saw on in this picture but it was gone by the time I asked. That's the Tornado logo isn't it? Pretty sure. Since he had jumbled up with all the other stuff I bet it would have gone for a good price too. Bummer.

Anyway, I'll take all the help you can give me.

Thanks a bunch.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
Yep thats a Tornado a "coin-op mahogany" good table sometimes people ask ridiculous prices for these but if you can negotiate would be a good buy for three to four hundred fifty. Brown marbles can be gotten much cheaper due to production year made and definitely a better made coin-op. I will look for you also on craigslist. Snake

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »
Thanks.

I live on the Olympic Peninsula. Seattle is of course the biggest and closest major metro. I'd very much like to keep any foosball table purchases in and around Seattle, because I don't necessarily want to risk the truck on any major treks. I was looking as far as Spokane, Victoria and Portland, but at those extremes I'd hope to also have a pinball machine to pick up as well. Or, as in that above listing, a dart board or something.

I don't really know how to get Craigslist to search the Silverdale area. From the Hood Canal Bridge, down through Silverdale until Tacoma is pretty well populated with some big malls and such. I'm not sure if a CL "Seattle" search is hitting those areas or not.

Thanks again!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »
Thanks.

I live on the Olympic Peninsula. Seattle is of course the biggest and closest major metro. I'd very much like to keep any foosball table purchases in and around Seattle, because I don't necessarily want to risk the truck on any major treks. I was looking as far as Spokane, Victoria and Portland, but at those extremes I'd hope to also have a pinball machine to pick up as well. Or, as in that above listing, a dart board or something.

I don't really know how to get Craigslist to search the Silverdale area. From the Hood Canal Bridge, down through Silverdale until Tacoma is pretty well populated with some big malls and such. I'm not sure if a CL "Seattle" search is hitting those areas or not.

Thanks again!

Try a site like this: www.jaxed.com

You can narrow by state/metro/city/etc

Edit: Better link--> http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/sd.cgi?cat=spo&fil=foosball&state=WA&submit=go
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:04:36 PM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Is this legit? Looks un-Tornado-y to me.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/2280025414.html

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »
That's a low end home model Tornado. I think its a whirlwind. Not even close to a coin op. Wouldn't hold up to heavy duty play. Doesn't have the split bearings. Lighter rods. Not sure if the men are counter balanced or not. Hold out for a better table. You won't regret it.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
Thank you. He sent me a picture. The logo is in white on a green playfield. Three men goalie bar. (Is that standard for Tornado?) I think the logo on the field says, "Twister".

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
Oh, Twister, ok. Twister/whirlwind, either way, low end home model.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
Oh, ok thanks. Didn't know Tornado made any crap tables. Avoided.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
Tornado II? http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/spo/2307497654.html

It sounds like I could probably offer $300 on it.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »
looks like a whirlwind/twister

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »
Not sure what a Tornado II is. If it's a Cyclone II which I dont't think it is by looking at the rod bushings I would offer $250 and that would be a hell of a deal. Send them an email and ask to clarify what Tornado II is, looks alot like a Twister or Whirlwind both of which are very low end models. If its either one of those offer $200. All Tornado home tables have names (whirlwind) (cyclone) (elite) (twister) etc. make suee which model this is and get back to us on the board before buying.    Snake

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
go warrior, table is solid for some heavy hitters the blue and red men are a little heavier but plays tops, banks are good from front and back. easy to get replacement parts...for the price cant go wrong. i had a pro from the big island of hawaii play on it thought the men were going to brake but table is just as tuff as a tornado. i own 2 of my own...im just saying if your on a tight budget......rods are solid, but to me theres no difference from the hollow ones...hope you get the one you want...good luck!

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
Well, the only Tornado's I've seen lately have been listed at $700-900. Here's something supposedly commercial grade:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/spo/2358090665.html

Thoughts, experiences?