Foosball.com Forums

Which Luxury Foosball Table???

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Which Luxury Foosball Table???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:29 AM »
The first table (your typical 68000 foosball table) keeps making me bounce between flashbacks of "The Day the Earth Stood Still - 1951 starring Michael Rennie, not the 08 crapremake," and otherwise thinking... "who's getting an enema?"

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »
I like the-beautiful-game but I could see going with good-versus-evil. But here's another one

http://www.cuepower.co.uk/bonzini-b50-ltd-anniversary-addition-football-table-p-1278.html?zenid=a4bb4l3i7l4nbs0penk6sfn5h5

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
Jinho,
Why don't you use your refund instead to go to 1, 2, maybe more, tournaments?
Wouldn't that suit you better? Take a prolonged foos vacation with no money worries.
And you prolly wouldn't wish to play and wear out or break those Oscar-looking men, anyway.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:26:03 AM »
Jinho,
Why don't you use your refund instead to go to 1, 2, maybe more, tournaments?
Wouldn't that suit you better? Take a prolonged foos vacation with no money worries.
And you prolly wouldn't wish to play and wear out or break those Oscar-looking men, anyway.

LOL!  I hope no one was think my tax return would even come close to purchasing one of those tables...

If I had that kind of cash I would most definitely spend it on 1 on 1 foosball training sessions with Tony Spree...My game is no where near playing at a tournament.  Thought about entering a rookie event once, but there are so many great "20 year rookies" out there that I wouldn't stand a chance, although I could most definitely use the experience.

Other than the ultra-rich (which I would think foosball is off their radar), who are they building these tables for?  Or are they more concept "one-off" type tables?

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »
Thought about entering a rookie event once, but there are so many great "20 year rookies" out there that I wouldn't stand a chance, although I could most definitely use the experience.

Try one of Mary's tournaments now that the points have been readjusted (again).  A lot of rookies were moved into the expert range.  I'm sure there will still be some who slip through the cracks though.