Foosball.com Forums

Summer Tournaments?

Offline marty

Re: Summer Tournaments?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »
if you go to the front page of foosball.com and click on the link on how to play theres a tornado rule book in that link

Offline marty

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
learn about foosball  is the link

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
we're picking friday nights as foos night for rhombus guys in fargo.  this week we'll start at nine and see how it goes.  dyp, $5/person.  i'm hoping we'll get a great turnout.  tell your friends.  games will only be 50 cents. 

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
I have to open the store Saturday morning, so as of now I won't make this Friday.  I'll remind my guys and I look forward to the Fridays I can make.  9 p.m. would be an ideal start time for me as I usually have to close the store on Friday nights at 8 p.m. 

Also I did get a reply on my rules question.  What I had heard was wrong.  On the 3-bar a person can leave the ball stationary as long as they want as long as the total 3-bar possession doesn't exceed the 15 second limit.

Offline Joel

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 10:59:59 AM »
Sounds good, I'll be there Friday night and will spread the word around at work.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 07:41:31 AM »
Hello foosers, I may be moving to ND in the near future and I just wanted some info on the current foosball scene. Is the tournament at the Bison Turf Bar still happening? Is Tornado the only table around? And most importantly, are there any old Tournament Soccer players still involved in the local crowd? I haven't played since '92 but I've got a hankerin to get back into the game. Also, it's a great way to meet people in a new town. I'm sure my game has deteriorated to the point that I'll be the worst player around so you all will have a new "rookie" to beat up on. Bye for now.

Offline Joel

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
Thursday night is foosball night at the Bison Turf Bar. They currently have an older Tornado model table. There was a monthly tournament series setup last winter there but I haven't heard anything new regarding tournaments.

On Friday nights at 9, there are weekly $5 DYP tournaments at Rhombus Guy. They have a brand new T-3000 Tornado table.

Usually any bigger tournaments are posted on this message board, so keep an eye out. It'll be nice to get some new blood into the Fargo foosball scene.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »
Thanks for the info, Joel. Tornado has never been my best table, my back-pin just flat doesn't work on that model, so it'll be back to the drawing board once I get settled in next spring. I'll probably have to breakout my old pull-kick.

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
hey, this sounds good to me.  we always welcome newcomers at rhombus guys at 606 main ave.  i'm sure you're game will come back quickly.  it sounds like you'll be moving here in the spring?  anyway, we'll see some of you guys on friday.

arron