Foosball.com Forums

What's the most amazing thing you ever saw on a foosball table?

What's the most amazing thing you ever saw on a foosball table?
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »
I'm starting this topic because I love telling this story. About 20 years ago at a tournament in Long Beach, CA, I was watching an open doubles match in which Roger Vance was playing goalie.( Dynamo World Champ Tony Bacon once told me that he thought Roger was the best roller-ball style player he ever saw and I agree.) It got down to match ball. The opposing forward set up the pull shot, cranked a blazing long, and Roger stuffed him from the back, winning the match!

Re: What's the most amazing thing you ever saw on a foosball table?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
how about that story, but instead of a pull, it's a euro-pin, and the stuff includes a bank shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNEj0rUgKyw

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
oops, make that a snake and a bank.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
Now, THAT'S incredible!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
Note that his opponent is Johannes Wahle, ranking second in singles on that table. But to complete the impression, I'll tell you how many Elo-Points these guys have. Jo has 2,992. The third place belongs to Jamal Allalou with 2,941 points. The number 10 on that list has 2,704 points...

... and Rico has 4,029.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
well, that was okay.... hahahaha, it was a good shot but I have witnessed a shot that has topped all I have ever seen and I was actually on the table when it happened. I have seen a ton of crazy shots , especially in two ball, but none like the one I witnessed first hand. Billy Pappas and I were playing two ball on a warrior at La. state. He makes a stick lane pass to the first guy, and remember you can't stop the ball in two ball so this was done on the fly. As soon as the ball hit's the first guy, he goes into an alleyoop immediately, he approaches the ball with the second guy to finish the alleyoop, but then he changes the shot and then approaches the ball with the first guy. He then shoots a pushkick, but.... he then takes his right hand off the handle and goes into an alien of which he just thunders into the long hole. OH  MY  GOD. All I could say was WWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. I looked up at the other guys we were playing and their mouths were wide open as was mine. I looked at Billy and he says with a chuckle, " he he he, that was cool " What Billy hit was .... an Alleyoop Pushkick Alien... hurts to even think about it. And this shot was done at blinding speed and power. It was simply just sick. Billy even tried to do the shot again but he couldn't, too bad it was not on video. And mind you, when the ball hit his three rod, the entire sequence was over in a second. I was just lucky to witness it.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
hey Pat , you still coming to P4P?

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
Hey Ice, yes, I'll definitely be there. And I'm looking forward to meeting you!

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
Okay, Gitablok, I've been away from they game for a while so you'll have to educate me a little bit on your terminology so I can visualize the shot you just described. I know what a pushkick is, but what's an alleyoop and what's an alien?  How long have these terms been around?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
Alley-oop is when the ball is immediately shot off of the 5bar pass, also called a one-timer or drivethru, although you can alley-oop pushkicks and pullkicks as well (a la Spredeman)

Alien is a 3bar shot that starts using your right hand, but instead of finishing with a wrist flick or palm roll, you take your right hand off of the rod, and roll your left hand down the rod to get a rollover finish. It's illegal in most games.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
Alley-oop is when the ball is immediately shot off of the 5bar pass, also called a one-timer or drivethru, although you can alley-oop pushkicks and pullkicks as well (a la Spredeman)
;
There is a version of the alley-oop, called a "Turbo," similar to a car engine kicking into turbo, or perhaps more familiarly.. the sudden boost on radio-controlled (RC) cars you initiate by pulling the trigger on the controller all the way back. This variation requires a true one-timer pass (hockey term) with no pause to stop or redirect the ball, as in a turbo-to-pullkick or to-pushkick or to-flipover..  A dink-speed or even a medium-speed pass with the 3bar swinging before the ball's there, to accelerate it into the goal...  Never seen a turbo done with a full-speed pass like a fake hard stick pass advance, but I'd love to see that..
;
Also forgot what they call that hard, hard fake pullkick bounce from the twobar, but instead of a normal bounce off the wall towards the goal, it's actually a near bank off the wall .. : pullkick to near wall, ball is near-banked immediately off the bounce..  This allows a wider angle into the near corner of the opposing goal.  And the defense of course has to always protect the standard pull-bounce-and-kick on the near-wall.  When executed.. there is hardly any noticeable time between the ball hitting the near wall and then the immediate near bank... a crushing shot actually used in tourneys, especially singles.
;
And of course... legends like Terry Moore did the mirror image, off the far wall... pretty insane but beautiful when it's hit.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »
sounds like you are describing a " slingshot "

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »
and we also call an alleyoop a shot that starts on the first guy of the three rod that hits the back wall at an angle and then is hit with the second guy after it returns from the wall into the goal. it looks like a mis executed push kick hit too early so the goalie freaks out trying to catch the ball which opens the goal for the second guy to score.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
In Canada we call that the McDonald's Arch. It's a fastball shot.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 02:24:51 AM »
sounds like you are describing a " slingshot "
;
I know what you're saying, Ice, .. but I thought the "Slingshot" was a straight up kick to the near goal corner off the wall... looks very similar, prolly just as hard...  like a 5bar bounce pass on steroids, andro and whatever Pujols of the Cards is taking....  but the shot I really like is very similar in execution, but instead of a standard brush shot off the bounce... it really is a short side bank .. AFTER THE BOUNCE .... giving a bigger angle to the near goal corner and really really hard to defend.. since the defending forward still HAS to block the standard brushback bounce shot ...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:28:10 AM by foozkillah »