Foosball.com Forums

How much should I pay?

Offline dqk

How much should I pay?
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Hi -

Here are some images of a foosball table for sale in my area. How much should I be willing to pay for this table? Seller says that it is in good condition and 3 years old.

Thanks!
dqk

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:19:11 PM by dqk »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: How much should I pay?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
A grand would be a good deal....Snake

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
3 years old?
Someone is pulling your leg.

That table is at least 15 years.

I would like to say that this table should run a $1000.00. That would make Fireball tables a super deal at $1099.oo for brand new. I would suggest you pay $400 to $500 on the very outside, this does depend on your location.

Good Luck, Brad

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »
A 3 year old brown marble?!!  Granted, the brown marbles were some of their best made tables.  Maybe it plays like it's 3 years old.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:19 AM »
I luv the ole brown marbles.. but they're so almost alien to new tour Tornados.. without the upgrade kit that is... the big brown wooden handles were great, but once you get accustomed to the smaller plastics.. it's tough.  We had two of them as tbls 4 n 5 at our recent FoostoberFest NYSTates warmup... it was crazy switching between these two and the 3 T3000s... no upgrade kits... plus the white sidestrip played with a lot of eye-hand distance coordination.. once used to clear strips... made it hard for many to defend the opponents' near side wall passes.... plus those bounce passing were screwed by first the bigger wood handle diameters  plus the ball skipped completely differently off the walls and thick white strips.  The two were in great shape,,, but with the strips and old handles.. plus the rods felt completely different, too...even tho they were definitely the same thickness (supposedly) rolled steel hollow tubes.
;
Definitely great for home and home practice... but you have to have the upgradekit.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
Does this "kit" exist somewhere or do I need to find all of the parts myself?  What exactly is involved.

Handles
Bearings
Side wall plastic thingie
balls

Anything else?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
You would not need the newer bearings with that table.  I would go with the new side strips and new balls.  (and you really don't NEED the new side strips, unless you are practicing for tournaments, and even then, it would be a personal choice)

note:  they came out with new bearings to "fix" a problem that had nothing to do with the bearings.  The issue was actually with the bumpers (the new ones are just a bit wider than the old ones).  So they modified the bearings to be slightly lower profile to make up for the bumpers.  Since you have an older table, you have older bumbers, and thus do not need the new bearings.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:22:15 PM »
My bad it looked like a T3000 from one angle on my piece of crap phone...ya these guys right, tops $500...if not lower than that. Snake

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:37:50 PM »
Does this "kit" exist somewhere or do I need to find all of the parts myself?  What exactly is involved.

Handles
Bearings
Side wall plastic thingie
balls

Anything else?

You're on Jim Waterman's foosball.com, pilgrim... and yes he's a distributor and reseller for Tornados..
;;
Just back up or go to foosball.com and examine the marketplace.. I'm sure he or someone will reply.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:48:17 PM »
Hey Brian,

Nice to meet you at Clifton Park.  I had the sushi shorts.

John

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
Hey Brian,

Nice to meet you at Clifton Park.  I had the sushi shorts.

John
LOL!
I thought it was you!  You guys also going to NY States in Syracuse Nov 4-6?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »
brown marble's are running between 2
$250-$400 max...most in the $300 range...i would not trust any seller who said the table was three years old when they stopped making them in 1997...makes me concerened what else might be wrong...you need to make sure you check the table over closely...bent rods are $40 each to replace, bad men $500 etc...make sure no walls are pealing or chipped, no table surface warping, etc

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:04 AM »
the "VALLEY" emblem that appears near the bottom right leg (looking at it from coinmech side)

started in 1997 ,when Valley bought Tornado and moved to Michigan (serial started at "00000")

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »
LOL! I thought it was you!  You guys also going to NY States in Syracuse Nov 4-6?

Not sure yet.  I know a couple of guys from Burlington are going down, but I've only been playing again for about 4 weeks now and I still suck.