Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Elite Coin Op

Offline Neil

Tornado Elite Coin Op
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
Hi All,

I can't find any pictures and can't tell, but does anyone know if this looks like a Tornado Elite Coin-op?  I found a guy selling and these are the only pictures, sorry don't have better. 

Thank you,

Neil

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Tornado Elite Coin Op
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
Neil- Looks to be a (Blonde) T2000 coin-op,  they do not make a Elite coin-op thats a home model table. How much is he asking?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »
Do not go more than $400 if they are asking some ridiculous amount like $500 + pass on it. I am sure the guys here will agree. Snake

Offline Neil

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »
Thanks Snake Eye's! He's asking 700.  I didn't think there was a coin-op version.  I'll see if he will go down when I break the news.

Thanks again,

Neil

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
There is a thread somewhere on here from Charles Bbtuna on all the models of coin ops from the early brown marbles to the new T3000, Blondes being pretty early production years hence the $400 cap for that model. Use that info to negotiate because $700 is way to high for what I see in pics you have posted. Good luck and make sure they know its an older model. Snake

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Here is the link to bbTuna's thread:

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

I just picked up a mint-condition Mahogany T2000 for $350 and could not have done it without Tuna's advice. The information contained in his thread is absolutely right-on, up-to-date and it will help you get a great table for a fair price. Good luck!

Offline Neil

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »
Thanks Kgstewar! I don't think the guy will go down that far, but I'll walk. If I find a coin-op for that price, I'll jump all over it.  That is a great post by bbtuna.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
Has the logo been modified on this, it doesn't look quite the same as my Blond

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
Hi all! 

I'm a new member and also on the hunt for a used foosball table.  I played as a kid - never played long enough to get good.  Now I want a table for my own kids (and myself of course) and I don't like junk.  Which brings me to Tornado tables.  I've read the Bbtuna post and agree completely with his logic about a coin-op but out here in Northern California the prices just aren't the same.  Example: two used Cyclone II tables sold here in the past two days.  Both were on the market less than a week.  One was asking $650 and got $600 and the other was asking $500 and got his price.  Storms sell on eBay for $400.... I LOVE a good deal and just want a fair deal but I don't see how I'd ever get my hands on a brown marble or T2000 for $500 out here.

I think I read that Bbtuna sold his cyclone for $350!!  At that price I could have it shipped and be at $500 but then again its a $500 dollar cyclone.   If anyone has mahogany T2000 they want to sell for $500 I'd buy it and pay for shipping.

Offline Neil

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »
Wildcard,

Don't know about the label, but he stated this was a 1998 Tornado Elite Coin-op.  Is this what a Blonde is?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
I am not wildcard but I am sure Rick will agree this guy is full of it, an elite is a home model table, he has no idea what the hell he has. Rick do you agree? My two cents.    Kent

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »
Well, you can add coin-op kits to home models. I know there's a few Cyclone II coin-ops floating around here in the Ottawa area.

Edit:
There's a big BUT here... Elite models were introduced much later than 1998.