Foosball.com Forums

New Push/Pull Shot Trainer Invention

Re: New Push/Pull Shot Trainer Invention
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:34:15 AM »
Foozkilla - I would just use Scotch tape and draw your lines on that.  I used masking tape to extend lines and teach my daughter where to shoot.  Another option would be black electrical tape, or you can buy 1/8 wide pin stripe tape at art supply stores.   I have already tried my snake shot, but the center 3-man gets tangled in the spring in the rollover.  The push/pull kicks and euros might work.  I will will have to try those.  I don't really have those shots down.  My main shots are pull and snake.

Garabdorje - I have never worried about my hip/arm transfer.  I just yank the ball over and stuff it in. :)  I am not a pro, though.  I have sped up my shot a lot by practicing against my trainer.  I teach all my league guys on it, and even my daughter.  Its nice, because you start off easy and work up to the hard levels.  One of my leaguers could not shoot a pull at all, and he is now at level 5 in just a few weeks.

Jagiar - Thank you for your supportive words.  I did spend a lot of time inventing this.  I have a drawer full of stuff that didn't work.  I also put some money into the patent, the web site, parts, packaging, etc.  I hope to at least break even :)  I have thought about building a random defense trainer, but it would involve a micro-controller (single chip computer) to make the random motion.  Anything strictly mechanical would be too repetitive (like my defense :)) and you could just time and blow past it.  Also, you would need two HUGE servo motors and an even HUGER power supply to run them.  You don't realize how powerful and versatile the human body is, until you try to replicate it.  It takes a lot of power to move those rods accurately at the speed you would need to give you a real defensive challenge.  Unfortunately, in the end, we are talking hundreds of dollars.  I would just buy a buddy a beer and have him defend your shot.  The skill level will be set by the number of beers he drinks :)

Anderson - It is patented, so you can't build and sell them, but you could make one for yourself.  I get it.  I am a total DIYer, too.  See my HowToLou.com site.  I am hoping that my trainer will set a standard so that we can compare shots.  When I say I can shoot a Level 9, that would mean something to you, even though you have never seen me shoot.  That was actually my original goal in the invention.  I wanted a way to measure how fast my shot was, compared to other guys.  I even originally called it the "Foosometer".  Once I perfected it, though, I realized it was a great trainer too.  The barrier bar is to stop you from going behind the defender and to keep his toes down.  Shoot me a mail (FoosTrain@Gmail.com).  I will send you one free, if you help me with testing on the Bonzini and Fireball.  I have only have two Tornados.

Alaris - Thanks.  Like Anderson said, it would work on Bonzini, but the levels would be harder.  Let us test and get back to you.  Right now, I am thinking we just need longer hooks to make the spring tensions the same on both tables.  I am not a Tornado snob.  I just learned on one, and the weekly city league (Kipps in Indianapolis) has Tornados, so I bought two for my league as well.  I would love to try this on other tables too.

Alaskan Thunder - Thanks for your kind words.  It is heavier, but you do not notice it at all.  I think it is sort of like those ankle weights you can wear for exercise.  When you take them off, you feel stronger and faster.  It must build your Foosball muscles. :)  I shoot the same long pull with and without the trainer, and usually graze the far post, either way.

Slowball - Thanks, and I am guessing your username is not the same as your shot :)

Foozul - Thanks.  I can't read German, but that was an interesting contraption, and Portable!

FoosTrain

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
I just bought mine!

I will beat my father's 3 man rod now :D I find it very difficult to move to my five or to shot from my 2 man rod, my father blocks almost everything I trow at him :S

Oh FoosTrain and everyone reading this post.

Foozul - Thanks.  I can't read German, but that was an interesting contraption, and Portable!

I use Google Chrome web browser and the great thing about it is it's capability to translate a whole webpage to any other language you want!

You can use that FoosTrain to read the webpage Foozul send you  ;)

I read it and it looks pretty interesting. Portable and you can have any configuration imaginable to practice without the need to take the hole table with you :P

Maybe you could make something similar to use in the US ;)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »
Foozkilla - I would just use Scotch tape and draw your lines on that.  I used masking tape to extend lines and teach my daughter where to shoot.  Another option would be black electrical tape, or you can buy 1/8 wide pin stripe tape at art supply stores.   I have already tried my snake shot, but the center 3-man gets tangled in the spring in the rollover.  The push/pull kicks and euros might work.  I will will have to try those.  I don't really have those shots down.  My main shots are pull and snake.
FoosTrain
;
Nahhh... I need something portable that I can bring like an overhead sheet that I can place on any table.  That way, I can see a player's shuffle or D series at goal, and which lanes he/she is defending if they're correct or off..   Has to be thin enough to have nearly zero effect on an actual shot ball.  I've done the simple piece of bond paper with lanes on it, but those get beat.
;
Next, I'm also looking for a laser line that can show immediately if either center lane is open from the 2bar with possession .. only way to really show a defending goalkeeper exactly what holes he/she is leaving open.  Something portable, easy to set up, and a lot less expensive than those sightline lasers you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's or other hardware store.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
I just shipped 2 out yesterday.  Thanks garabdorje!

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
foozkillah, you should check out Johnny Lott's original playfield design for the would-be Legend table. It had markings, lane indicators, and everything perfect for training, defensive zone & shot setup purposes. It's a shame that tour folded before it started.

Edit:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:03:31 AM by SilentSam »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
Lou- This could be the tool I have needed for 4-5 years, I am a 45 year old guy who used to have a cannon for a pull shot and have seen it slowly diminish in our local dyp's. I seem to have lost my toss and lateral speed all together. I am ordering mine today and btw "props" to you for spending enough time on this to bring it to the market! Yep I gave up the pull for the Roller and at first could really hit it well but my true passion is the pull. Hope these fly off your shelf! Snake

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »
Snake Eyes  -  You are exactly where I am.  I am 44 and my pull was slowing down, and I switched to the Snake.  This will DEFINITELY speed your pull back up.  You always feel like you have an opponent and you are motivated to try to beat him!  I just shipped yours out today.  Sorry for the delay.  My parts supply was late.  - FoosTrain (Lou)

Offline alaris

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
Thanks, can't wait for your reply! :)

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
Alris  -  I have not heard back from Anderson.  If you order one and also email (FoosTrain@gmail.com) me the distance between the 3-man and 2-man rod on your table and the diameter of the rods, I will custom make one for your table.  I am certain it will work fine for you.  If not, you can return for a full refund.  -FoosTrain

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »
I have a Fireball, so the distance between rods is the same. I do have a Bonzini 3-man rod hooked up to my fireball right now, but your device would work the same for the most part. I don't have a Bonzini table with me to measure,but I estimate about 1 cm wider than Tornado. I'm sure alaris can get that info to you. I'll order one soon just to play with it. I'll then test it on a Bonzini table as is and let you know how it works out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:13:52 PM by Anderson »

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
Ok. I just bought one. I'll try it out on my Fireball, and I'll also check it out on a Bonzini as well. I'll let you know what needs to be tweaked for other tables when I figure it out myself. Don't worry. I won't break any patents.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
Anderson - I sent yours out today.  Sorry for the delay.  I was waiting on parts.  - FoosTrain

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »
Just ordered mine, cant wait to try it out!   8)

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
Just got mine last night and have found it very useful for training my push to race both long and short. Worth the money.