Foosball.com Forums

Picking up a Dynamo table - any good?

Picking up a Dynamo table - any good?
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
Hey guys, I just started browsing this forum so forgive me if I posted in the wrong category.

I found a Dynamo coin op on craigslist for $475. From the looks of it and from what I've read it's probably pretty old. Do you guys think it's worth the money? The guy said it's in perfect condition and the coin mechanism works and everything.

thanks for your help!

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Picking up a Dynamo table - any good?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
Weliketoparty,

The older Dynamos were nice tables, better built than Tournament Soccer, and from the pictures you posted that one looks to be in good shape. Price is subjective to some degree because if you really like it and enjoy playing on it, then it's really up to you if it's worth it. I'd offer $300 and see if you can get it for $350-$400. My biggest concern would be the fact that those look like the old style Dynamo men which are pretty hard to come by. If the table comes with some replacement men, along with other parts like bearings, springs, etc. that would protect your investment for a period down the road. 

Good luck!

Tyler

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
I doubt it comes with replacement parts except a bunch of balls. The thing is I have to drive almost 2 hours to get there. I'll offer 300 though like you said. Thanks for the info!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »
I ended up getting it for $430. There are a few things wrong with it like cracked men and mismatched handles but the surface isn't warped besides a few dings that aren't really noticeable and the rods aren't bent.

I'm going to replace the men with these ones. Are they counterbalanced? http://www.amazon.com/Red-Blue-Dynamo-Foosball-Men/dp/B002LHVQGW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329968721&sr=8-3

Other than that I'm going to replace the handles which should be about $15. I'm also going to put a habs die cut logo on the side. I'm debating getting ski pole handles since it's at my ski cottage but that would probably get annoying really fast.