Foosball.com Forums

tilt during various ball positions

tilt during various ball positions
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »
What tilt do you normally do for your guys at various positions? I used to let a lot more slop in than I have lately (after reading tutorials on this site). I've been angling my 3-man backwards and catching a lot in the corner lately as a result. I've been doing this when the other team has the ball anywhere but their 3-man. I position my goalies one in the side and one slightly over in the middle and ask for my offense to cover the wider angles. When their offense has the ball, I'll usually switch and often angle my guys forward for a pull shot. Is this ideal?

Offline crazy8

Re: tilt during various ball positions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »
When their offense has the ball, I'll usually switch and often angle my guys forward for a pull shot.
You need to decide what you are trying to do.
1) Are you just trying to block?
2) Are you trying to block the ball - out of the defensive zone?
3) Are you trying to block and keep the ball so that your side retains possession?

The answer should be #3.

I prefer to have the men straight-down and with a very loose, controlled grip.  You'll find that the hardest shot just ticks against it - and stops.  Most importantly, it stops in your zone.  You've now stolen the ball from the opposition!  Do something with it - in a controlled, thoughtful manner.

BTW - the same will occur on any rod.

Paul

Re: tilt during various ball positions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
That's exactly what I do, and it is very effective whit the 3 man rod. Last night my older brother my father and I where playing for maybe 2 hours straight, one on one and I constantly kept possession of the ball with the 3 man rod, both my father and my brother where surprise at how many times they tried to clear the ball only to notice that it ended up at my players foot or within my zone.

The key as crazy8 said is a:
very loose, controlled grip.
The more possession of the ball you have the more chances to score.

garabdorje