Foosball.com Forums

Rubber Bands for Foosball Handles (Need)

Rubber Bands for Foosball Handles (Need)
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
I recently purchased a new foosball table and bought some new handle wraps to go along with it.  I am in need of some rubber bands for the wraps. Does any one have a bag they would be looking to sell. I priced them on-line they are about $2.00 for a small bag but shipping was $13. I have also visted a few office supply stores in my area and had no luck. 

Shoot me a pm if you have a bag you are looking to sell. (I live in Iowa)

Thanks

Re: Rubber Bands for Foosball Handles (Need)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »
I just use a small diameter bike inner tube. You can get a lot of bands from one tube.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »
A friend has used/suggested bands used on lobster claws.  Never tried them myself but he swears by them.   Let us know what works for you.
Paul

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
You can order lobster claw bands online from Hamilton Marine. And yes they are awesome. Snake

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
Check your local grocery store that sells lobsters. They may be willing to throw you a couple of rubber bands. The inner tube is good but they stretch out easy. I believe one of the foosball websites is selling bags of small rubber bands. Check with them.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »
Thanks for the info. guys. I will stop at the grocery store tomorrow and ask.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:12:14 PM by speeddemon »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
Trust me on this one you can get (2) huge bags = 4# bands with shipping for under $20 from Hamilton Marine. They have different sizes indicated by color of band, I like the yellow ones they fit nicely on a thin wrap good for a roller. And you will have spare bands for years :)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
I dunno about ordering enough lobster claw bands for multiple lifetimes, but yes, those lobster claw bands are just the best.. they don't tear anywhere near like sliced bike inner tubes and they don't slip off stupidly like a lot of those commercial (more like comical) foosball wrap bands.
;
They're also designed to take the heat of steaming or chilling in the fridge or freezer, which explains why they're so durable..  Why can't some moron get some bands and supply these instead of those idiot bands with the brands even embossed on them...???  They're obviously cheap enough and in great supply..
;
But being so durable.. getting a half dozen or so from your local grocery/seafood deli/lobster supply should be enough for ya.. 4 pound bags would basically have you giving most of them away, anyway..  I can only begin to think of hilarious other uses for those little widdle wubbers..

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
Killa- This is what I do with my spares, Hand them out to teens that like to text when they drive. Have them put them on their texting thumb to remind them it's not a good idea. Also I sell mine at our local DYP's 20 for a $1. Snake

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »
Just ordered a 2 lb bag, from Hamilton Marine went with the blue as I have a Fireball Table. She told me that there is about 820 bands in a 2 lb bag.  That should last a few years.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
Great. I'll be over this weekend to get some.
How much was shipping? 

Paul

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:48 AM »
Killa- This is what I do with my spares, Hand them out to teens that like to text when they drive. Have them put them on their texting thumb to remind them it's not a good idea. Also I sell mine at our local DYP's 20 for a $1. Snake
LMFAO, Snake Eyes!
; Putting those hitech wubber bwuddies on those teens' twiddlers only gives them better grip and traction for their texting skills!  Now we'll never stop 'em!

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
shipping for a 2lb bag is $15.96

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:26 AM »
Yikes :0

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »
are there still tournaments going on a woodys on thursdays?

I'm from jeff city, and players are pretty damn scarce here. never entered a tourney. Getting in on some real competition would be nice

your inbox is full, so yeah