Foosball.com Forums

Advice needed on selling my used foosball table

Advice needed on selling my used foosball table
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
the new price plus upgrades puts the table at around $750. i've had little interest shown when i've listed at $250-300. since less than 1/2 price isn't motivating the buyers out there, what is a "fair" selling price given the details listed below and pic at craigslist link?

This table is used but in great condition. It was purchased new a couple years ago for $600. Just recently we upgraded the men and handles to those used on the Tornado T3000.

http://flint.craigslist.org/tag/2924697743.html

Re: Advice needed on selling my used foosball table
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »
Man that's a tough one. The completely unhelpful answer is that a fair price is whatever someone is willing to pay. I know when I was table shopping I was definitely aiming for a bona fide Tornado. Not sure what the market is for a pseudo-Tornado. I fear there aren't many customers who are looking at this price point who will appreciate your upgrades. I wonder if some might be scared off by the fact that the original table no longer has its original components? Maybe try advertising for $250 but don't mention the upgrades, lol.

Re: Advice needed on selling my used foosball table
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »
it wasn't until we upgraded the men and handles to the professional tornado versions that we were finally able to control the ball enuf to really play aggressively. snake shots, pin shots, accurate passing - none of that was really possible with the stock men that came on the table. plus the original guys used to break all the time - none of the tornado men have broke.

oh well, if all else fails i can just donate it to the local teen center. i'd rather give it away than let it go for an insulting price  ;D