Foosball.com Forums

Vintage Foosball Table - Help Needed Please

Vintage Foosball Table - Help Needed Please
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
Hi All.

I have acquired an amazing vintage Foosball table believed to be at least 50 years old. I have been told that it originally comes from Argentina and its pretty clear that its Boca vs River playing. I really don't know much about it (or foosball really). I was hoping that someone could shed some light about the table. I would be really keen to know answers to the following:

How old is it?
Is it original?
Is it actually from Argentina?
What would it have originally been used for? i.e personal use? Pub?
What is it worth?
Any other useful information about the table?

You can view photos of the table at the following link (my photobucket account):

http://gs41.photobucket.com/groups/e251/TG8FCMJ7BA/

I'm sorry, couldn't work out how to post photos in this actual thread.

Thanks so much in advance!

Adam (from Australia)

Offline alaris

Re: Vintage Foosball Table - Help Needed Please
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
I have no clue but I love it!!! With it being on old coin op it must have been in a few pubs or two. You have a piece of foosball history, hope you keep it.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
It looks like some kind of a Greek table by the men

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
That is a pretty cool table. Probably doesn't play that well but you could probably restore it if you have the time. Def. looks like Boca vs. River. How did you find it?

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »
Hi, Im from Argentina but since 2002 I live in USA.  In Argentina this kind of table is named: Metegol, and it was always very popular, you can find them in social clubes, in "bars", or any place where families usually go to enjoy time together.  Im 50, and I think that its 50 years old or more because the Metegoles that I remember from my childhood are newest, besides the metegoles usually are located outdoor, so they arent made in wood, this looks like very old.  Yes,  Boca Junior and River Plate are playing.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 10:31:10 PM »
Here's a cut and paste from a Facebook inquiry on your table. Hope this helps. I had to cut out my friend's name to respect his privacy and the pictures didn't copy. Very convincing pictures. Based on the previous post I'm guessing Metegol is a copy of one of the French tables mentioned here.

P.M: O.K. I've no idea. However, John's guess as to where the table was part of its life is 100% correct: Argentina. It is painted in and has the team logo of the Boca Junior professional team.
Secondly, the men are of a Spanish design, as they are bolted on with a shaped metal plate and the hole is not centered in the chest of the men.
Third, the cabinet itself is similar to Monneret and Stella tables.
Monneret coin edition: note the similarly angled ball return tray.
Rene Pierre knock-off of the Monneret.
But the best guess is that you have found a very old, early model Stella table. The legs and goals are the giveaway on this one.
Stella Artois model. Note how the legs have the same routed groove down the center, three bolt pattern, and distinctive right angle leg top that is not parallel to the ground. Also, note the metal mesh goals.
So, either a very old Stella Artois or a copy of that design made in Argentina. The legs alone say Stella.
The other side are painted in the colors of Club Athletico River Plate, another famous Argentine soccer club
River Plate logo, which you can see on the other side of the table.
Finally, early Stella men had a small indentation or line that was supposed to suggest separate feet on the player figures. The feet of the men on that table seem to have a similar line. Early Stella, possibly the most beautiful French tables ever made!