Foosball.com Forums

Advice Needed on This Table

Advice Needed on This Table
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
Hello, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some advice!

I am looking to buy a high quality durable foosball table for our employee break room.  I came across this table in my local craigslist.  After doing some research, I believe it's what's known as a "brown marble" Tornado 2000 tourney addition.  I have heard this is one of the last great tables.  It seems a little high in price, but compared to what a platinum 3000 model costs, I think it's a great price.

It appears to be in excellent shape and the owner thinks the same.

Can you please help me verify if this is a good buy and if it is a quality table?  Thanks in advance!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tag/3458422471.html

Re: Advice Needed on This Table
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »
Very nice table, but the price is a bit high.  I see brown marbles on the NC craigslists listed for $250-$500.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  I'm thinking that if the condition of the unit turns out to be as good as it looks, I will try to offer him less and see what I can get.  If I can get it for $550 to $600 and it's in great shape, I think its worth the price to save the shipping plus not seeing the unit.

Am I correct in thinking that this is a really good table?  Is it worth it to pay 3 times the amount to get a 3000 when it's just going to be used for a break room?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:01:40 AM »
Yes, very good table. Plus you can get parts for it and do upgrades (bearings, sidestrips, handles).

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
sweet, so for what I am saving, I can upgrade a lot of the parts if needed in the future and have a very solid table!

thanks for the feedback...time to negotiate!  :)

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
That is a nice looking table. I would start at $500. If he says no, tell him you would be spending another $200 for some of the upgrades. Good Luck.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 03:46:20 AM »
Even though I am not a big Tornado fan, that looks like a nice table.  I have one and can tell you some of the things to look out for.  Cracked men - usually the yellow ones.  Check for cracks around the head of the man (at the back).  Chipped bearings and split rubbers.  Check that the men are not loose on the rod which would mean you may need to replace some pins.  Also check that the handles are not loose on the rods.  If so you may need to replace the pins for them as well.  None of these things (except for the cracked men) will be expensive to replace but it may help you to negotiate the price down.  Also check that the MDF right behind the sides of the goals (behind the 'posts') is not starting the seperate.  This would mean that the laminate is soon to chip at the sides of the goal (the posts) and would, in my opinion, be a deal breaker.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »
And if you need to know the prices for replacement or upgrade parts you can check this site: http://tornadofoosb.powweb.com/store/page19.html