Foosball.com Forums

Monzini table/parts value?

Monzini table/parts value?
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »
Hello,

Yes, I'm one of those first posters with a question about the value of a table... this happens to be a Monzini - Not Bonzini (I'm pretty sure based on other research I've done).

Does this still have value as a table ( it is a bit rough, but complete) or is it a parts collection for a restorer of such things? 

A friend had two, and gave me this one, but I'm not a real enthusiast.  I see that it was a high quality table, however, and don't want to just curb it / recycle it.  I like quality things, and think they should find their way into hands that appreciate them, not the scrap heap.  Just trying to find an appropriate value from people in the know so I can make both the buyer / seller happy.

I hope the photo links work.  I can email you if they don't. I have other photos.

Many thanks in advance,

Schumann

Re: Monzini table/parts value?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:31 AM »
Is that not a Rene Pierre? Looks nice. I have no doubt you can sell it for something.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Thanks for the thought... it doesn't seem like any of the RP's I've seen, but I'll keep my eyes open for something by that maker to see if it matches up.

Thanks again,

Schumann

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »
I think the Monzini men look different: should be stamped "Monzini" and held on with two bolts. Your table looks a lot like this Rene Pierre:

http://www.babyfoot-fr.com/forum/barre-exterieure-ancien-rene-pierre-t204.html

Offline alaris

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:18:13 PM by alaris »

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:16:08 AM »
Where are you and how much are you asking? Just curious. I don't know what it's worth, but... it's in far better shape than the project Rene Pierre I picked up recently and the cabinet itself might save me the labor costs.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:59 AM »
I just sent all your pictures to somebody in the know. We'll see.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies... yes, it looks like I've got a Rene Pierre, although I didn't find a tag on the machine saying so.

I'm in South East Wisconsin.

Thanks!!!

Schuzini (Ha Ha Ha)

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:51:20 AM »
Sweet table! If I were in the area I'd pick it up. Green top or blue top? Looks like a green top which lessens its value, but it's a great find.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:52:51 AM by Anderson »

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »
It's a green top, but still a great table. Don't send that to the curb. It's a wonderful antique.

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »
Hello,
kgstewar is correct.  The Monzini men have "Monzini" stamped on the chest and the horrible 2 piece chest design.  It certainly looks like a Rene Pierre but the lack of RP markings is curious and the men are different from those I've seen before.  For some reason RP changed the design of the tables and men every few years.

Definitely keep the table, with a little TLC it could be very nice.  However, if you read through the first few pages of this forum you will see there is a market for old RP parts.  If you do decide to part it out please let me know.  Would love to buy the men.

What is your friend doing with the other table?
Keep the table!

John

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, the field is green, if is wasn't clear in the photos.

My friend is keeping his other table as he uses it with his kids a lot.

So, is $200 a fair value?  Or more or less?  Roughly? 

As wonderful as it is, I choose to allocate space to other hobbies of mine.  If I have the hankering for a foos game, I can go to my friends house and have his kids school me... : )

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
If you only want $200 then I'll take it.  Seriously though, $200 is much too low for a complete table.  People around here usually ask 500 - 750 for similar tables.  If the rods are straight and smooth and the play-field is in decent shape then ask higher in the range, you can always haggle down.  If you have the time and don't mind some work there are always people looking for handles, scoring racks, straight rods, ashtrays, ball returns, men, ...etc.  You could have a nice amount of $$ in parts - but try to sell it as a complete table.  Wish I lived closer, I would buy it.

John

Offline alaris

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:39:26 AM »
I don't know where jonzini is from...  I live in Bonzini land' South Carolina..... but I can say he is spot on with the price for my area as well. You could get 150-200 dollars alone for the handles.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:41:54 AM by alaris »