Foosball.com Forums

Vintage Tournament Soccer Table Wanted

Vintage Tournament Soccer Table Wanted
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
If anyone knows where I can buy one of these old brown top Million Dollar Tournament Soccer tables, please reply. I am in Edmonton, Canada. Coin-Op is ok.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Vintage Tournament Soccer Table Wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
Now that is an interesting table. It likely is a blue top that was converted to a brownie. That is definitely not the playfield that came with that table from the factory. The interesting part is that it is not a coin-op pictured. Tournament Soccer offered a conversion kit for blue tops that wanted to convert to the newer (at the time) brown top. Remembering that TS changed their tables every 2 to 2 1/2 years, businesses that bought green tops, then bought blue tops 2-3 years later, were not all thrilled to again have to buy new tables when the browns came out, hence the need for the conversions kits. The tell-tale signs are that the conversion kits did not have the rainbow graphics on the side strips or the corner ramps and the playfield color was more reddish than the brown tops. But since the table pictured is not a coin-op, it was likely a practice table that was modified from a blue top to a brownie. If it were originally a brown top, the corner ramps would not need to be changed and they would have the more desirable rainbow and logo graphics.

Tyler

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »
I used to play competitively as a teenager on tables like this one back in the early to mid 80's. They were very common in arcades and I certainly hope I can find one just like it.

That is very interesting information Tyler. Much appreciated!

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
Alfke,

The more I look at the picture, the more I think I may be wrong in my initial assessment. The inner vertical walls on blue tops were white, the ones in the picture are brown. I am now leaning more towards the idea that those conversion kits were also used if someone needed to replace a brown top playfield, and that it what is pictured. The bigger overall comment is that it does have a replacement playfield, ramps and side strips, but doubtful it was originally a blue top. If you want to PM me your email, I'll send some pictures of what I am describing.

Tyler

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
I used to play competitively as a teenager on tables like this one back in the early to mid 80's. They were very common in arcades and I certainly hope I can find one just like it.

That is very interesting information Tyler. Much appreciated!

Check out craigslist for TS tables. Every once in a blue moon they pop up on E-bay but most sellers won't ship and u would need to pick it up.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »
Tyler, thanks for the offer on photos, but it's really not necessary.

speeddemon...I have already checked Craigslist numerous times which is why I'm posting here. Kijiji as well. Absolutely none of these tables in my area :(

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:31:08 PM »
Keep checking cl with summer around the corner people will be listing more stuff. 

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »
@alfke. I picked up a browntop TS coin-op identical to the one pictured and the field does have the multi-colored trims and ramps with logos. I also had a butcherblock browntop, coin-op TS growing up, also identical but had the colored trim and ramp pack.  Maybe the home versions came w/out the color.
Ive picked up five TS tables on CL, four of them coin-op. Ive got 3 fully restored with original parts. Keep looking, I found all 5 within 2 months.

I'm curious what fully restored tables are worth.....

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
I'm still looking for a table. There must be someone in Edmonton who knows where some of these tables are stored.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
There's a pretty decent foos scene in Edmonton, you could ask Will Stranks or someone similar... however chances are very slim. TS Brown Tops are quite rare in Canada, and they don't stand up to much abuse either... if you do find one, it'll probably be in horrible condition.

The Edmonton tournament scene is mostly Tornado from what I recall... at one point, they picked up a few Fireball tables, and at one point, a few Warrior tables... Outside of those three brands you're looking at specialty ordering from somewhere else.

TS Brown Tops can probably be found in the states.

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
Hello,

Just put my table up for sale.  It was collecting dust.  Had been saving it for years for my college age son, but he wasn't interested.  Table deserves to be played on.

Check it out.  I'm in Bloomington, MN.

Vintage Tournament Soccer Foosball Table. Brown top, Coin Op. Plays good. $300 or best offer.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tag/4616458227.html

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »
scharby, that is the exact table I am looking for, unfortunately, shipping that would be very expensive up here to Edmonton Canada.

I wonder what it would cost?