Foosball.com Forums

What should I look for in a outdoor table?

What should I look for in a outdoor table?
« on: July 04, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
Hi all, nice site you have here. I live in San Diego, the dry inland part, in a home without any available indoor rec room space. Yet we do have a lot of room outdoors, with a semi-roof overhead and fans / lights. My wife and I are exploring some entertainment options for ourselves, our 8 year old daughter, and friends. I think foosball is a pretty solid option for us. So . . .  I have found a few tables advertised as "weatherproof", but there are not many. At what seems to be the high end of the market, there are the G-500 and G-2000 from Garlando and something that appears similar from Kettler Berlin.  At the low end it is hard to tell what is a toy versus something more serious. I'm not having much success digging into this deeper, and I'm doubtful that I could find these tables to demo locally.

Most fundamentally I guess I'm wondering if, given my circumstances, these weatherproof tables are the way to go versus a high quality indoor table (perhaps found on craigslist) used with some precautions such as a cover. Would appreciate any light you could shed on this subject as we explore our options.

Re: What should I look for in a outdoor table?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
You'll want to hear from some of the more experienced players but I will say that Garlando was known to be a solid brand when I played a bit in Europe. I would look for reviews and at the available options on their outdoor tables but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one myself.