Foosball.com Forums

Unique foos table - looking for some info

Unique foos table - looking for some info
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
I bought this years ago and love the game, but haven't been able to find any information on it.  The build is consistent with the tables I played on 30 years ago, but alas it's missing the ashtrays.  I'm hoping to learn a bit more about it so I can refinish it properly.  It plays just fine now, but one of the rubber bumpers on the solid-core rods has aged and it's time for some reconditioning.

I've never seen anything like it and was wondering if anyone on the forum has any information on who built this and why?  It's a fast game and the table can fit in smaller areas. 

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Unique foos table - looking for some info
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
I played on some of these in the 70's.  I don't know if it was because of different spacing or what, but we couldn't block on them.  I don't remember the brands, but I played on a couple of different ones.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »
Based on a little research it seems to have been built by Tournament Soccer - but I haven't found any information on TS short tables.  The game is definitely a sustained offensive battle, but the spacing seems right for the size.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
It is a TS.
My late foosball friend John Wilkerson had the Brown Top TS version.
Great front man bank options.

I've got a 2-Bar Bonzini that's fun to play.

Turnovers are costly ;D

AC

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:28:30 PM »
Looks like it would be good if space is limited (like in my apartment).

Anyone have a 2 bar table they would like to get rid of?