Foosball.com Forums

Tornado f5 help

Tornado f5 help
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
I've been looking online and have found a tornado f5 table for sale for $500. Is this a good price? I feel it is. I currently own a Harvard table (don't laugh I get it) I'm looking for something similar to a tournament table so I may get better at foosball. ( don't get me wrong I'm no noob, I have a local bar I go to with a coin-op tornado , and I have been playing for years ) I have read some post on here with everyone praising coin-op tables, and I don't know if that's really for me. But any pros and cons about the f5 would be great and the $500 price on it. The table is original owner and appears to be in great condition. Also looking for some players to get together in western Massachusetts.

Re: Tornado f5 help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
It's my understanding that a lot of the f5 tables (and the similar vintage "fridge" coin-ops) suffered from warped playfields. Most would agree that this flaw is a deal killer, so if you pursue this table, be sure to check for that. Also, $500 for a non-coin-op table is too high. I'd wait to find a coin-op and depending on which one you find, $500 could be a reasonable price. Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »
I am near Western Mass. Where and when are you playing at?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Old coin-op > New home model

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
I also checked New England area craigslist for Tornado Foosball and found a coin op in Falls River Ma for $600. Everyone will tell you a coin op is better than any home model. Plus resale value is also something to consider. Start by offering the guy in Falls River $400.