Foosball.com Forums

How much is a Tornado Cyclone II worth

How much is a Tornado Cyclone II worth
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:11 PM »
I have a Tornado Cyclone II Table with a dark finish that is just the table. No rods,men,balls Just the table. How much should I ask for it?

Re: How much is a Tornado Cyclone II worth
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
Someone buying this table would have to spend:

Bearings  $100
handles $40
rods $270
men $115
3 balls $10

This adds up to $535. Used Cyclone II with all those parts is $350-$400. Yours without the parts might be a hard sell....

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
Where is the table and what is it's condition?  Any idea why it was stripped?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
$50 max

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »
I can only guess, but I suspect someone has stripped your cabinet to refit another table as the cyclone 2 usually has quality/compatible parts on it...   The question is why?  There is a high probability your cabinet is damaged; implying that being stripped of hardware, it is worthless to anyone other than a misguided tinkerer/speculator.

Assuming the cabinet is ok,  your market is really restricted.  I do suspect there is someone somewhere who has a badly damaged cabinet that would love to transfer their rod and bearing assemblies onto something like yours; the challenge is waiting / finding them / having them tire kick and bite.  I could easily see a rowdy bar or frat house with a bad surface or cabinet wanting to improve their circumstance on the cheap.   If I needed a new cabinet I would pay up to $180 USD but the table would be closely examined and an offer would be made accordingly.  It is a huge waste of time, gas, and favors to move a deformed beast home, invest in used parts, then discover significant ball wandering.

Some advice...Installing some older hardware will open up your resale market to cool parents, laymen, and newbies...  Give it at least a bit of curb appeal to entry level buyers...  Most of the split bearing bars, players, and bearing components can be readily sourced in the used market as there are many people who have upgraded these same components and have the old parts listed on ebay...  I think you will find it some where between $100 and $200 USD to make it somewhat playable / sale-able with used parts.