Foosball.com Forums

What's a used Tornado sport actually worth?

What's a used Tornado sport actually worth?
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:29:41 PM »
Hey all,

Intermediate player looking to get more serious.  I am buying a house and am currently looking for my first table.  My buddy has a shelti 200 which I think plays ok, but I've had my mind set on a Tornado since day one. 

Have been scoping craigslist in my area for about 2 months, (Minneapolis). I've only seen 2 Tornados pop up in that time span, one was gone before I could respond.  And now a tornado sport popped up.  The guy is asking 500 and by all accounts the table is basically brand new. What I am worried about is the lack of counterbalanced men.

Is it even worth going for this table? And if so what is it actually worth paying?

Also, any recommendations on finding a higher quality used table besides waiting it out on Craigslist which seems like it may never happen?  With buying a new house my budget is tight but I am willing to pay 500 or so for a good table. Will that get me anything?

-Anders

Re: What's a used Tornado sport actually worth?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »
If you haven't already, check out www.minnesotafoosball.com. A good likelihood that someone could hook you up with a decent table.

And of course if you're looking to get more serious about the game, there's plenty of info on local happenings.

Brad

Re: What's a used Tornado sport actually worth?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »
There's another one for sale in Lake City for $250!  That is insane if it's in good shape, even for a home model. You could upgrade all the men for about $100 and still be way below the typical average for a Tornado table in MN. http://rmn.craigslist.org/tag/4949375347.html