Foosball.com Forums

Advice on bearings/bushings for Harvard G01991 table

Advice on bearings/bushings for Harvard G01991 table
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
Just found this forum and hoping somebody could point me in the right direction...

Basically, we have a friend that is giving us a used Harvard G01991 table and have put a picture in the thread.

On one side the table has 2 cracked bearings/bushings (the plastic circles that hold the rods on the side of the table).

On this table, the sides are 1.5 inches thick.  I'm not sure the actual diameter of the holes the bushings will be inserted into.

Anyways, just wondering if anybody could recommend a decent replacement part.  I'm thinking I'll probably replace all the bearings and clean all the rods while I'm at it.

I'd like to try avoiding the ones with screws but would like to go with whatever will yield the best performance.

Thanks.

Re: Advice on bearings/bushings for Harvard G01991 table
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:36:21 PM »
These 36mm fit my friends 1.5" harvard...  the thread pitch is slightly different but fit ours perfectly if you replace both sides of every bearing.  There are a million of these costco type tables in the world and each model may have slight variations with components.  Measurements are a must yet not guaranteed when the part arrives.  Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-5-8-16mm-Rod-36mm-Board-Bushing-Soccer-Table-Football-Bearing-New-/141690344943?hash=item20fd6715ef:g:FIgAAMXQCgpRzptl

others:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2pcs+5%2F8%22+16mm+Rod+36mm+Board+Foosball+Bushing+Table+Soccer+Football+Bearing+Ne.TRS0&_nkw=2pcs+5%2F8%22+16mm+Rod+36mm+Board+Foosball+Bushing+Table+Soccer+Football+Bearing+New&_sacat=0

fyi the harvard figures and bearings tend to break if you use the table aggressively:
http://www.harvardfoosballtable.com/foosball/?sort=featured&page=8

I recommend the new warrior pro balls for it; they are pretty good!
link removed. spam. sorry

This table is a kids type table, one of the better tables in the toy class, low cost, back alley used market.   If you play vigorously it will let you down.  This said it has provided countless kids a great deal of fun and allows for development of very basic skills.   Great for beer and barbeques and beginners...  Upgrading the figures is a bit of a problem and requires some measurements for the lower bar height and fastener type.  The modern shelti figues didn't work so well.

Shameless Promotion:
Vancouver Foosball - Vancity Foosball
link removed. spam. sorry

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:37:51 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 10:50:36 AM »
Thank you for the information.  I had seen those specific bearings and had hoped they might work.

First table and the price was right...FREE :)

It seems to be in pretty good shape for the most part outside of the cracked bearings.

I'm thinking I'll probably be best served to replace all the bearings on it while I'm cleaning up the rods and such.

Thanks again.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »
It appears I have the same bearings as in your picture. The ebay link leads me to believe these bearing sets screw together.

Is there a trick to getting them un-screwed. Just spent 15 minutes on mine with no luck.

Thanks
Tom