Foosball.com Forums

3 goalis vs 1 goalie

3 goalis vs 1 goalie
« on: February 21, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
 I played allot of Foosball when I was younger in the early 70's. All the tables were single goalies then. I am finishing my basement and started looking for a foosball table and noticed most of them are 3 goalies now. Can these be converted to single goalies?
 Also other then Craigslist any good places to look for a used table in the Chicago area.

Thanks

Re: 3 goalis vs 1 goalie
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:39:50 AM »
If it were me, I'd focus on getting a high-quality table (e.g. Tornado coin-op, Bonzini, Warrior) whether it has 1 or 3 goalies. The Tornado has 3 goalies, typically, but 1-goalie conversion kits exist. If you do end up with a high-quality, 3-goalie table, I'd play on it a while before investing in a conversion kit. You may discover that the three-goalie setup is a non-issue.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
http://shop.foosball.com/1gocokit.html

http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Foosball/

Hope you find a Table...best way is to check craigslist everyday and be ready to pounce with a pickup truck or large SUV...  Used higher end tornados are the best bet, aim for a cyclone II or Tor coin model.  Pay close attention to the playfield, playfield perimeter, and goal posts.

The shelti tables are very similar and can be upgraded$ if you can't find a tornado.  The fireball coin or tour is wicked fun from a 70s perspective due to its modern design and an assortment of unobtainium based parts.  The warrior is the best midrange table, great value, more for recreational foosball; playing with friends rather than competition.

Be prepared to spend time and have fun!!  The game has really changed into something captivating and tactical due to all the youtube videos and the small devoted player base.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »
Good advice from the previous gentleman. Make it a table your proud of. Not to mention that you won't have to keep a can of silicone at arms length and have to straighten the rods once every 15 minutes.