Foosball.com Forums

Rained-on table ...salvageable?

Rained-on table ...salvageable?
« on: March 31, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
I got a free Storm II that was left in someone's backyard and the table walls are swollen from absorbing rain...so the rods don't move in or out. At all. The playing surface seems fine though I haven't been able to really test it since, y'know, the rods don't move.

Is this table salvageable? The person who gave me the table told me I just need new bushings (bearings?) but I don't want to spend the money on new bushing/bearings if the table is not salvageable.

My uneducated guess is that the holes that hold the bushings/bearings will need to be enlarged back to its normal size since it has shrunk from the wall swelling. But I don't even know how to pull the rods out to remove the current bushing/bearings since the rods don't move. And if I could get the rods out, how would I make the bushing/bearing holes the right size again?

Is the table junk or does anyone know how to restore it?

Thanks
Rob

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Rained-on table ...salvageable?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:32:54 PM »
Most likely junk. Serious warping can't really be fixed. You can probably salvage some parts so it may not be a totally lost cause but it's just going to be a parts table.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
Was this left outside for a considerable amount of time or maybe just overnight? Are the rods rusty or smooth. If rust, minor surface rust or major pitting? Are they split bearings (~2" plastic hex nut on outside wall) or snap in bearings?

If the MDF that makes up the cabinet is wrapped sell any parts you can. I may be interested if the rods are in good shape. PM me if you want.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
I think the only usable parts may be the legs and men...Storm 2 has snap in bearings and lighter rods.