Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Brown Marble - Build Date? Lighting?

Tornado Brown Marble - Build Date? Lighting?
« on: March 29, 2020, 02:57:37 PM »
Hey All,

Just picked up a Tornado Brown Marble Coin Op for $300 delivered.

Can someone help me determine year of manufacture?

Serial: 210163
Fort Worth, TX

Also, why are the Fooslight stands no longer available?

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Tornado Brown Marble - Build Date? Lighting?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:13:58 AM »
Hi, it's kinda hard to date a table without any pictures. As I understand most of the original tornado company's records were destroyed. My serial plate reads 83X562. I always assumed the 83 it started with indicated the year of build. On the inside of my table someone wrote 1984. Not sure if that was when it was purchased etc. If you post some pics take some of the scoring pegs and the original men if you have any. Also the adjustable feet. These are all things that changed from the earliest 3 goalie models.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 12:09:29 PM »
Newer tables have the date printed on the prop stick. Not sure about older tables. Does it have metal or plastic feet?This is from a previous post in this forum"

"Brown Marble - Brown Marble 1983 - 1997 - stopped using the metal feet about 1988 but continued to sell them as parts until 1996  $350-$450
oldest versions have the large metal feet and are considered the most (some debate now with the newest complete change T3000) solid consistent of all the tables
Most common have the current smaller plastic foot - I am not aware of any other substantial difference between this and the large foot except the feet...this was my favorite table but the new T3000 is very close in playability but considering the age and time "in the field" the Brwn Mrbl is still the best table Tornado has made but if the T3000 stands the test of time, it will be a toss up on which is best and the decision will be which play style you prefer
so, if you are looking for an inexpensive used table, this is your best bet...wide swing in quality because of how long they have been out there so this requires patients and careful shopping"
https://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 09:35:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

My table has the smaller plastic feet and it also has the Valley emblem on the side.

I will work on getting some photos up for more help with this.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »
That info kinda narrows it down. I am pretty sure Valley bought Tornado in 94-95, so I would guess your table is some where between 94-97. What does your serial plate say Ed McCloud or Valley? I contacted Tornado about the light. They informed they that had discontinued production. I did see some other lights on the web that looked like they were being marketed by warrior tables. What kinda light were you looking to find? The old style that mounted to the ends of the table?

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 01:48:13 PM »

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Looks like there is 2 prefabricated lighting options. The LED Foosball light, which is made specifically for Tornado Tables ($175 shipped) and mounts into the scoring beads holes. The other option is the Warrior mounts ($60) + 48” Light fixture ($30). Those warrior mounts are secured to the end of the table, so some drilling is probably required.

I’ve been working on a DIY light with some trapezoidal table legs and a aquarium light. It’s still just a thought on paper at this point though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:00:41 PM by krizgawd »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »
Don't buy the LED Foosball light, it's garbage. I don't know anything about the warrior mounts but I would make sure it's compatible with the table before you buy. There's a guy down here in FL that makes quality table lights but they aren't cheap. Feel free to message me and I can put you in touch.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 05:11:02 PM »
I bought some 4 foot LED shop lights with cords on Amazon (i think it was 4 lights for $60) and built a stand out of PVC pipe/fittings (painted black). I did 3D print the part that connects the pvc to the score posts. If you dont have access to a 3D printer you might need to get creative depending on your tools, materials, and skill set. Mine was under $30 all said and done... but I had the paint, PVC cement, and 3D printer access.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 06:07:40 AM »
We all love pictures  :)