Foosball.com Forums

Fixable or pass... and other Table questions

Fixable or pass... and other Table questions
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
Hello all,

New to the forum.. Started playing again a year ago or so, and due to the current situation I have been unable to play hardly ever so I have been intensifying my search for a budget used table for my home. I have not had much luck so far, most anything decent has been out of my price range. I found a few that had less desirable features, usually the deal breaker is lack of the leveling feet. I have been avoiding this table because of the obvious damage to the goal area, but wonder if it is fixable..

https://madison.craigslist.org/tag/d/mc-farland-tornado-foosball-table/7156435948.html

Also, unrelated to that table, if I were to find tornado legs with leveling feet on them could you switch out to another tornado table that did not have them installed originally? (T-2000 Legs to a supposed HM2000)

Thanks for your thoughts.

MilC

Re: Fixable or pass... and other Table questions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
stay away from that table....looks like some sort of frankentein concoction.  Looks like someone replaced top end with home model and used generic bearing to repair that. The goal damage alone would be a no go for me.

I think you could switch out legs..or even add the leveling hardware to existing legs.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:58:19 PM by bolt115 »

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »
Hard pass. Its a parts table at this point.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 06:55:17 PM »
Ah well, that is what I expected, thanks for the advice guys.

Another one popped up, kinda far but doable for me.. The damage looks like it would not affect the playing.. but it has the less desirable bearings, and I am not sure how much that really makes a difference... Usually playing on a very well maintained newer T-3000 for our league.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/334285444597388/

Thanks again guys!

C

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
I dont have any experience on the snap in bearing design so I cannot comment on the play difference between that and the split bearings. I dont think you'll be able to pull the rods out without removing all the men (if you need to do that to move or maintain the table) but it may be possible, others may need to chime in on that.

$250 seems very reasonable. It has adjustable feet & 1.5" thick walls, I imagine it plays similar to a Cyclone II. If you're looking for a practice table for league night itll probably do well. If you're a beginner/rookie level for tourney rankings it may be a while before your skill set grows out of this table. If youre a higher level than that you may want to wait for a T2000/3000 to pop up.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »
Ah well, to late again.. This one was gone before I was able to go get it.

Thanks again for the info though!!

The hunt continues.