Foosball.com Forums

Best way to fix delamination with cyclone II table

Best way to fix delamination with cyclone II table
« on: June 12, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
Hi,

I bought a used tornado cyclone II from facebook marketplace and deep cleaned it. Overall, it appears to be in very good condition except for some small areas of delamination around both goals. From looking online, it does seem to be an issue with other cyclone II tables.

What do you think is the best way to fix it? On one side, the delamination goes to around the outer goal box and goes in about 2 inches or so. On the other side, it only goes in less than a inch.

I've read things about using an iron on cotton setting for a few minutes to re-activate the glue and then pressing down and leave some books on it. I've also read a post where someone from Tornado recommended 3M spray adhesive but did not list a specific product (Maybe something like this: 3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive), but how do you just get it under the edge as the videos show people spraying it from a few inches away.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Xiaosong

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Best way to fix delamination with cyclone II table
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:48:49 AM »
Can you post some pictures? Delamination is a difficult issue on these tables and many times can be made worse by trying to fix it. We have done some minor fixes over the years using a syringe w/ glue and woodworking clamps but I've never done any large areas.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 10:59:37 PM »
Can you post some pictures? Delamination is a difficult issue on these tables and many times can be made worse by trying to fix it. We have done some minor fixes over the years using a syringe w/ glue and woodworking clamps but I've never done any large areas.

The delamination was not severe so I was actually able to use an iron on cotton setting, covered the play surface with a sheet of brown paper and heat up the play surface and MDF underneath until it had adhered again and then left 25 pound weights over a tile to hold down the ends of the play surface by the goals where it had delaminated. After about 24 hrs, I removed everything and the surface has re-adherred to the MDF underneath and so far, it has remained adhered and flat. I know this may not be a permanent solution but after I am done playing on the table each night, I just leave a tile over the prior areas where it had lifted up to give it some gentle pressure and it's been fine for about a week so far.

I tried taking some pictures of it but it's hard to see, you can mostly feel it by touching the edge of the play surface by the goal and by pressing down on the areas where it had lifted up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wik8XBTzCHJGBx9E8
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 11:13:15 PM by Xiaosong »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
Good job! Hopefully the repair holds.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 10:56:59 AM »
Good job! Hopefully the repair holds.

Thanks! Hope so too!