Foosball.com Forums

Italian table advice

Italian table advice
« on: November 23, 2023, 09:46:53 PM »
I keep a casual eye on the used Foosball table market and came across a RETA table. It is an Italian table and in my understanding of comparable quality (same component manufacturer)  as a FABI table. The Seller claims the table was over 2k new and it appears well maintained. It is also my understanding that FABI tables are competition tables in Canada and overseas.
I agree the American Tornado tables are the best, but out of my budget. I have enjoyed play on Warrior tables, but they have "dead spots" which present when passing or attempting to hold the ball that require intervention. I am curious if the harder playing surface of an Italian table would eliminate that problem.

Questions: 1. Are my understandings correct?
2. Is play on an Italian table substantially different than an American table?
3. Has anyone had experience or first hand knowledge with a RETA table, they might share?
4. Would the harder surface of an Italian table effectively deal with the dead spot problem?

Re: Italian table advice
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 11:56:28 PM »
I was just presented more information on the table. It is a "Bora-Bora" from Rene Pierre. Not sure if that changes potential answers, but it seemed significant to include. I will try to include a link to the specifications. Although the table is listed from various merchants for over 2k, I found it on Walmart.com for $999.00

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 10:25:05 PM »
Been a few days and nothing? Is this a dead forum?

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 05:44:41 PM »
1. Your understanding is generally correct.

2. I think Italian tables typically have a faster and more responsive playing surface. They often feature a hard laminate or glass surface, which can result in quicker gameplay and more controlled shots. American tables, like the Tornado, are known for their durability and robust construction. They usually have a slower and more forgiving playing surface, which can be beneficial for beginners or players who prefer a more relaxed style of play.