Foosball.com Forums

23rd Annual VA State Foosball Championships (Bonzini)

23rd Annual VA State Foosball Championships (Bonzini)
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:30:14 AM »
i]November 10th-12th
2006 Virginia State Foosball Championships
$2,500.00 in Cash, Prizes and Trophies
Byer St. Bistro
Staunton, Virginia
Designated Charity: St. Jude Children's Hospital
Organizers: VBFPA and Cribbs Inc.
[/i]

Virginia has a great history in the world of foosball. The Tidewater area was instrumental in popularizing the game back in the late 60's and early 70's. The first Tidewater Foosball Championships were held in 1972? I believe. This event was sponsored by Southern Amusement and Peabody's Night Club. The event coordinators were not allowed to charge an entry fee due to some city ordinance. First place was a Dodge Duster won by Mr. John Hayes. Mr Hayes now resides in the Chicago area. The first Virginia State Foosball Championships were held in 1983 at New Gate Prison Night Club and Bar in Richmond, Virigina. Loyal Virginia foosball players have kept this tradition alive for 23 years. In 2000, Bonizni U.S.A. began lending support to those players to help revive this annual event. I coordially invite all foosers in the surrounding area to join in this fantastic tournament event and share in the tradition. Our designated charity is St. Jude Children's Hospital. Our host site, Byers St. Bistro, a  great location to finish up the year.

This event will end the 2006 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour. It's been a great year and we've enjoyed meeting alot of new players. There alot still alot of business issues we will address at this event. If you are a regular Bonzini U.S.A. Tour player, please make every attempt to attend. We will be discussing the following topics:
1. Rule changes
2. Officiating test and qualifications
3. 2007 Bonzini U.S.A. Tour Schedule
4. Host association event development programs

We have received 8 sets of the new tournament leg support and levelling system. This will be the first tournament we use them in. All players entering will receive a year end appreciation gift from Bonzini U.S.A. We will also be drawing for a new Bonzini B-90 foosball table. Good luck to all ticket holders.

More info at: www.bonziniusa.com

Alan
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:32:50 AM by Alan Cribbs »