Foosball.com Forums

Storm II Table Questions

Storm II Table Questions
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »
Hello,

Extremely new to foosball. I just purchased a used Storm II table yesterday and have been spending the day cleaning it up. Now that the playfield has been sufficiently cleaned with rubbing alcohol and the balls have made a trip through the washer, I had a couple questions about the table and some fixes I'll need to do.

First the table- Although its a Storm II, I haven't seen one like it on the web. Is there a way to identify the year it was created, and why its different from other Storm II models? Visually it looks more like a Cyclone. Its a wood finish, not the marble finish I've seen with the Storm series and has the split hexagon bearings. I'll try and post a pic, I'm just curious.

Now the fixes- 2 of the bumpers (hope thats the right word) have worn away and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately, one is the inner bumper on the 5 man rod. I'm assuming I'll have to take them all off, except I have no idea how. Is there an article on how to remove these punch hole men and what tools I'll need to do it?

Everything else seems to be in really good shape. The table was a bit dirty, but through hours of rubbing it looks brand new now. Off to do some leveling.

izike

Re: Storm II Table Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:09:10 PM »
looks like a Cyclone to me..

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 02:26:16 PM »
Update:
Was able to put the new bumpers on without much trouble thanks to faqs on this site. I was given a box of parts with the table which included new bumpers, a pin punch, and new pins. All I had to do was remove the handle with the pin punch, remove the bearings with the hexagon tool (also included in the magic box of goodies), then slide the new one on through the open bearing hole. Score! Did this twice and put everything back together without any issues (although getting the pin in and out takes alot of patience).

I guess now its back to my original curiosity- is this really a Storm II table or is it a Cyclone thats been mislabeled? I think I got a good deal either way, and I'm very happy with the purchase, would just like to know in case I need parts in the future.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:18:59 PM »
Good deal!!!

It's definitely a Cylcone Cabinet with a "storm logo" on it!!!!
The LEGS with the screw in leg levellers are unique to the Cyclone (you don't get them on the storm)
And the split bearing is on the Cyclone... (not on the storm)....

It's possible that you got Storm Rods (still a hollow rod, but bigger hole in the center) and
Storm Men (men without the counter weight in the head to "balance" the man and keep the feet from falling down).....
... but i'd guess you probably have all Cyclone stuff!!!!    Congrats!!!   Jimw

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 06:57:01 PM »
Jim,
FYI I think there were some Storms that pre-date the debut of the Cyclone that had the split bearings. Maybe 1999 or so?
Oly

Offline georgefoos

• Super Foos
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
How much did you pay for it?

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 10:16:07 PM »
Update:
Was able to put the new bumpers on without much trouble thanks to faqs on this site. I was given a box of parts with the table which included new bumpers, a pin punch, and new pins. All I had to do was remove the handle with the pin punch, remove the bearings with the hexagon tool (also included in the magic box of goodies), then slide the new one on through the open bearing hole. Score! Did this twice and put everything back together without any issues (although getting the pin in and out takes alot of patience).

I guess now its back to my original curiosity- is this really a Storm II table or is it a Cyclone thats been mislabeled? I think I got a good deal either way, and I'm very happy with the purchase, would just like to know in case I need parts in the future.

Storms II's have counter balanced men and adjustable legs even if you did end up with storm rods. The only real difference between the cyclone and the Storm II was the rod wall thickness and split bearings.