Foosball.com Forums

What's better? a twister 2 or a Whirlwind?

What's better? a twister 2 or a Whirlwind?
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
I can pick up either.

Offline EDGEER

Re: What's better? a twister 2 or a Whirlwind?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »
There is not much difference except the twister 2 may have leg levelers.  It will be a great starter table.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
Meh, if you are serious enough to post about it on a foosball board, go ahead find a used coin op. I too fell into the trap of buying a bottom end tornado but if you plan on playing seriously you will quickly realize that you need a better table. A used coin op costs just as much as a new whirlwind so save yourself the trouble and do it right the first time. Just my .02

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:26 AM »
well the problem is I can't fine 1.  can't find any used upper end Tornadoes in my area.  if you know of one let me know.  and I can't access the GA forum =(

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:46:06 AM »
tournament used Grey Marble for about 1150 + shipping from Tornadofoosball.com

this is not owned by Tornado it is owned by Charles McKintosh 336-210-1194...he may have other more used coin-ops for less - he is in Summerfield, just north of Greensboro, NC

the other option is to look in Craigs list and be patient or ebay - just take your time and don't be in a hurry, it is a lot of money to spend not to get what you really want/need

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
Do you know what Craigslist.com is?

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
dat is where I found the 2 tables

Do you know what Craigslist.com is?

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
Be patient, its worth the wait to get a good table. Dont buy a mediocre table just because you want one right now!! I did the same thing and then ended up buying acoin op 2 months later.

Offline crazy

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
To to Contact Rodney Jenkins - Souther Foosball Promotions (he's on the net).. Also, look at the Fooasboard.  The Atlant crew keep several active threads and you can always stick something there.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »
where is the atlanta forum?  i hope u do not mean the GA forum, linked from this forum, as I can not get in.  how about contacting an admin there for me to get in, if you are part of it?

Also, look at the Fooasboard.  The Atlant crew keep several active threads and you can always stick something there.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
Rodney is more expensive than Charles unless you are going to pick it up

Offline Yags

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 06:07:33 AM »
I agree with all of the above.. Get a coin op.. Its the best for you.. I bought myself a Dyanmo gold medal and turned it into Tornado Twister 2. Just bought all of the bumpers and men and away I went..The only reason why I did that is because it was a floor model at Scheels and they only wanted $400 for it brand new.. Total cost for me was about $550 for a brand new table that plays the same as a tornado. I do want a new one and a coin op is what i will be getting for I am getting into foos a lot more. Playing leagues and Draws... And now recently going to local tournaments.. Save the dough and get a used coin op..

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
Have patience for another month and attend the IFP US Open in Atlanta. April 17-20. You can picked up a slightly used Tornado Coin-op from Charles McIntosh there. He'll let you pick the table of your choice and box it up for you to take with you. What's nice is you can play on the table first to make sure all is right with it, or you can ask a Pro or Pro Master to look them over for you and help you pick the best one. Also, Carlos could give you some insight, as he is the one that oversees assemblage and proper specs of the tables for the tourneys.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »
any ideas on price?
Have patience for another month and attend the IFP US Open in Atlanta. April 17-20. You can picked up a slightly used Tornado Coin-op from Charles McIntosh there.

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
$1175 is what I paid for mine. That was from Charlie as well so I assume that is still the going rate.