Foosball.com Forums

mental attitude

Re: mental attitude
« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2011, 06:40:37 PM »
It all seems to boil down to this game is fun and you will play your best if you have fun.

« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
I have felt fear many times before and during a match which I feel causes the adrenaline rush you should experience in any type of match. If a team or person goes up against another they are expected to beat or they have never heard of, and they don't have an ounce of fear, they are at the disadvantage.  Fear in this sense means respect, as in fearing God. It has nothing to do with being afraid of your opponent, it means respecting the fact that any of your opponents, known or unknown, could theoretically beat you. You can never allow yourself to think in your mind that because you have never heard of someone that you will automatically win, or because you have always beat them in the past, you will do so again. You need to fear each and every opponent because there is always the potential that this match will not have the outcome that you are expecting.  In other words, fear the unexpected. It's a different kind of fear.

« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
anybody see the movie 7 Days in Utopia (or read the book)

« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »
Read the book a couple of years ago (Golf's Sacred Journey-seven days at the links of Utopia).  Saw the movie on Labor Day.  Plan to purchase a few copies on DVD when available Nov. 29.  Foosable application?,  See,Feel,Trust.

« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
the secret to golf, foosball, life is what you focus your mind on. Seeing and feeling is the process of focusing. But when it comes time to perform, can you keep the negative images from interfering? That is where the trust comes in.

Offline BillV

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »
Upon rereading this most useful of threads I have decided that I still have a long way to go in the journey and need some more guidance. I'm certainly using witnessing to better effect, almost as a second nature and getting more comfortable with ycttmlt. The last big point John made before we went a little off track was that of threshold and how it pointed to the existence of Level 3. So if conscious control of my mind is Level 2, then what is Level 3 (let alone Level 4)?

The subject of intensity came up as a prelude to talking of Level 3. I have noticed differences in intensity in my own game lately. I had a run where focus was laser like and my intensity contributed greatly to my enjoyment. Later I had a match where the attention of spectators and a headache threw me off a little. I tried to let it be ok and work to make it a learning experience of playing with adversity. Lost the match (it was close) and the learning was there so it really was ok. Looking back on that match I hit, crossed, and came back from the threshold of unconscious play a number of times. So what exactly is level 3 and how does threshold point to it? 

John, have you ever finished the book? I'll buy a copy at Texas State if you are making it there, even as a computer file. Look forward to seeing you again and having our discussion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:10:54 PM by BillV »

« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »
Bill
The 2rd level is the understanding that reality is what you percieve it to be, and that you have the ability to make your life anything you want simply by controlling what you think about. All the "stuff" is about how thinking (pictures, visualization) works.

The 3rd level is the realization that the "stuff"is about controlling the material world. You can have all the material stuff in the world and still not be successful, happy. Happy, peaceful, blissful is about the spiritual world. Therefor, all the "stuff" really means nothing.

I have started the book several times and written a lot of stuff. but havent gotten it organizrd for print.

In the mean time i found a dvd that explains every thing i have studied in a way that is easier to understand. I am sure a lot of you have heard of "The Secret" This movie is absolutly amazing. You can learn about it and buy the dvd at WWW.THESECRET.TV I watch it two or three times a week since i discovered it. Then i meditate for 30 minuets (you will understand what to meditate about after you see the video.) I connot stress to highly how important i think "the secret" is!!!!

« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »
Seven Days in Utopia link:

http://sevendaysinutopia.com

Free PDF download:

http://www.linksofutopia.com/assets/Golfs_Sacred_Journey.pdf

I can thank John H. for guiding me to this book. It was not long after reading this short book that I was able to get out of my own way of being my own worst enemy on the table. The SC Open was my first tournament that I studied and applied the thoughts gained through the book. But I was really no longer concerned about performance but more so to the commitment/conviction of our direction and ideals for Bonzini U.S.A. and my own direction.

Foosball can become such an egomaniacal and cynical game that preys on a persons weakness or an avenue to build a culture and foundation for players to have companionship, a sense of service, and a legacy to the game to be proud of.

Great book.
Thank you John for caring enough to share.

Alan

« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »
Alan,

So glad Utopia had/has a positive impact.  I'm about due for a re-read because along with its other benefits it has made foosball even more fun.

John

« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
here is a little piece from the secret.

Ask, Believe, Receive - just three simple steps to create what you want. However, very often the second step, believe, can be the most difficult one. And yet it is the greatest step you will ever take. When you master believing, you have mastered your life.
To master believing, all you have to do is tip the balance of your thoughts, words, and actions, from 'not believing' to believing. The ONLY thing that can ever get in the way of manifesting what you want, is having more thoughts of 'not believing', speaking more words of 'not believing', and taking more actions of 'not believing', than you are of believing. Base the majority of your thoughts, words, and actions in believing, and the law of attraction must obey you.
Believing contains no doubt. Believing does not waiver. Believing is absolute faith. Believing remains steadfast despite what is happening in the outside world.

Im telling you, the "secret" (the law of attraction) is the secret! Is anyone curious?

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
I believe I am curious.

Tyler

« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8
Tyler - check out this link and then lets discuss it

« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »
whats the secret to our lives when its all said and done?...what happens to our soul?...do we just believe that we will be in a better place what does the secret believe on that??

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
Zeek,

I've watched the video a couple of times, your request to discuss will require a bit more time than I've had in the last few days, Tropical Storm Debby has me a bit pre-occupied right now, but I will reply as soon after things stabilize as possible. Didn't want to have you think I was ignoring your post.

Take care....................................Tyler

« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »
No hurry.