Foosball.com Forums

Men Direction?

Offline PNW

Re: Men Direction?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:55:14 AM »
14 posts to help command z.  What a great community!  A poll seems in order, but I would say A is the front as well.  For pinning, you need the angle and texture on the B side.

Offline Will17

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:58 AM »
i have a table like that in my basement. i'm just waiting to give it away to someone, couldn't just throw it out now that i have 2 other tables down there, the men look exactly the same. anyway the front of the men on my table is side a, it helps for side b to be angles so that catching passes is easier. i'm sure it would play pretty close to the same either way.

my advice woud be to use side a as the front. side note, make sure the bearings are smooth as possible. its ball bearings that dont slide well on mine, but maybe someone on here has advice on how to make that better.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
Thanks all.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »
"B" side is front

backside is almost always flat and this is a dynamo rip off older man...here is the latest man, same as Tor below flat side is back side
http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/fts-110-014-01.html

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:15:41 AM by bbtuna »

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »
Will, try taking out the ball bearings, clean them with gumout, then lubricate with very thin sewing machine oil. Its gotta be the lightest weight oil you can get so as not to gum up the ball bearings. Good luck.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »
I still vote for 'a' as the front side, lol. I think Tornado's man evolved so that the curved foot on the front side came into being later on. Looking at the angle of the faces in relation to the man it supports what 'Killa was saying. The front face is more parallel to the line of the man  just as it is on the Tornado man minus the lower toe angled area. Tag, your it BBtuna!

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »
don't agree...curved front furtherest out edge is closer to the front than the flat back which is behind the back of the man

besides, no preson or manufacture with an IQ above 50 would but ridges on the back side of the man and not on the front side...

no doubt, no way it is A...no man has been designed like that since I have been playing and this is a dynamo copy fo sho

B it is...back to you Garth

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »
Tuna - what are you talking about?? :o A is definetly the front side. Side B is designed to catch passes and front pinning. That is all there is to it.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »
How about a different method to determine which way it was designed to face.  Does the player figure get attached to the rod with a screw and nut?  If it does, does the player figure have a hexagonal insert in the player figure body to hold the nut?  Based on all of the tables I have seen that use Screws and nuts to hold the figures in place, the screw head is located on the front of the man and the nut is on the back of the man.  That might be one way to determine which way he is supposed to face.

Just a thought!

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »
no respectable American would have been front pinning when that man was made and it was a copy of old Dynamo, so don't be coming on here bothering the PhoKing Champ

go get some practice in or something useful

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
good idea Pat...I would concur and bow to the bolt whatever direction it took us
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:52:08 PM by bbtuna »

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
How about a different method to determine which way it was designed to face.  Does the player figure get attached to the rod with a screw and nut?  If it does, does the player figure have a hexagonal insert in the player figure body to hold the nut?  Based on all of the tables I have seen that use Screws and nuts to hold the figures in place, the screw head is located on the front of the man and the nut is on the back of the man.  That might be one way to determine which way he is supposed to face.

Just a thought!

Well, what started all of this is I bought some replacement men for my Goodtime Novelty table. The existing men on my table do have the bolt in the back, making "B" the front. But the new men I was sent are set up to have the bolt in the front, assuming "B" is still the front.

Would it help if I posted a picture of the front profile of both "A" and "B?"

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP!!! This forum is great!

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
I read over that and thought it didn't make much sense.

The existing men: nut on "A" side.
The new men: nut on "B" side.

Would it help if I posted a picture of the front profile of both "A" and "B?"

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
yes, include the front side of the feet and the bolt hole on both the old and new man

this is fun 8)

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »
What's the issue? In this day and age men are allowed to go both ways,  :D .

(I just don't want to know about it ;) )