« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
My men go one way!!! lol! OK, here's a front profile of both "A" and "B."

Offline marty

Re: Men Direction?
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »
i vote A is the front

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
So was I wrong or right? I can't tell from the picture.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »
Pat,

So much for the hex hole theory!

OM,

Assuming the original man was installed correctly, B is the front (on that table in that photo - no more, no less).

Tyler

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »
notice that some of the men have the little hole for the counterweight on A side, some on B side.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
Rick,

This is starting to feel like a Twilight Zone episode! Up is down, left is right, hex in front and back at same time - oooooohhww - LOL.

Tyler

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »
For what its worth - put me into the 'A' side front group.  I base it mostly on the original picture and the "vertical face forward" arguement.  Also, the groove (bum-like indent) on the B side looks like the heels of a foot. 

I have no basis for this next point but I think manufacturers often have no grasp on playing characteristics, i.e., they design the player figure so that it "looks" right.  So let me take the position of the manufacturer...Heels go back, tread (grooves) on the bottom of the shoe...therefore B side is the back.

If it were my table I'd just try it both ways and see what worked best.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »
B side on Existing is front like it or not (as I said)

A side on replacement is front like it or not

end of discussion 8)

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »
But the existing man and the replacement man are the exact same. except for the nut and bolt setup.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »
opps, I thought you had them reversed...okay, B side both

the older men would not have the screw coming out the front and then there is the tread

frankly, none of them looks good...you ought to do as someone said, and but some in one direction on one side of the table or on 3 bar and the other direction other side or 2 bar...see what you like

if you hadn't already bought replacements I would have recommened buying a different man assuming the are the same length from rod to surface and rod hole was the same

but, now just go wit it, have some fun, and if you like, plan to step up to a Tornado coin-op as soon as you are able

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »
...this is simply too comical...

Tyler

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »
The fact that different sides had hex holes from man to man explains the whole thing, the table manufacturer didn't know either. Should side b be the front it explains why this table was doomed to extinction as they shot the ball the wrong direction,,, ;D

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
Tuna,

Looking at the angle of side A, any ball struck ahead of the bar would go sailing off the table, which is why side B is angled the way it is.

Tyler

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »

Looking at this picture...

from a recent kijiji ad...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-Goodtyme-Novelty-Inc-Foosball-Table-W0QQAdIdZ110125387

Based on the photo, I would reiterate my previous comment that the straight down side (side A) is meant to be the front of the player figure on this table.  The angled side (side B) is the back.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 04:13:17 PM »
Mr. Basso,

You may be right, but from the A side angle I don't know how it would stay on the table. Anyway, your photo definitely has A as the front, but it is opposite of the way Command Z's table was factory installed. Maybe they do go both ways?!?!

Take care.................................Tyler