Foosball.com Forums

2010 South Carolina Foosball Open

Offline alaris

2010 South Carolina Foosball Open
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
Hey Foosers:

We are pleased to announce that we have a couple of strong returning sponsors for this year's event.  Budweiser of Columbia and Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union are again sponsoring this year's event.  The Budweiser wall hangings are already up at Carolina Wings and we have about 20 wall posters to put up around the state to advertise the upcoming tournament.  Palmetto Citizens has already sent in their check to be a table sponsor.  We have three more verbal commitments for table sponsorship and are still in need of three more.  We plan to use the house table if we get behind (7th table).

We are expecting a good turnout this year from NC and hopefully a few Virginia players as well.  We expect our SC players including some newby's to be coming out in big numbers.  This year's event will offer "BONZINI POINTS" so if you have not yet been officially rated for the Bonzini Tour here is your chance. 

Don't forget to mark your calendars for Saturday, January 30th!!!!

Bobby and Jim
www.scfoosball.com 

Re: 2010 South Carolina Foosball Open
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
Apples and Oranges Johnny.

Offline alaris

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:35:32 PM »
Wow. My Tornado friends were right about you. That's right, I play Tornado too. It's all foos'n to me, keep the game alive! 

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »
Next year's SC Open will be a nice colaboration between the SCFPA and Bonzini U.S.A.
I'm looking forward to assisting in this venture. Yes, SC is a strong Bonzini region and growing.
Brand loyalty is strong for Bonzini U.S.A. in SC because we have been able to upgrade
Bonzini table owners B-90's to ITSF standards for free. Yes, for free. And we attempt to
reward the efforts of the many individuals in that region that share our corporate philosophy in
growing the game. Not sure how much free support other table distributors offer their clients.

The SCFPA is collectively one of the most progressive group of players in the Bonzini U.S.A. family.
I appreicate your support and drive. I hope to have the entire 2010 schedule out in 2 weeks.

See you in January

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
already got SC tourney linked on the 2010 schedule

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »
Thanks!

Offline alaris

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »
Wow, Thanks WillD92. Great job! I am surprised to see tables on the West Coast. Looks like some of us SC foosers need to make a trip to Jacksonville if they have a DYP. Anyone have any info on that? 

Rebecca

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 12:39:37 AM »
I talked to Tyler the other day. We spoke only briefly about a future event in Jacksonville, FL.
Maybe someday we'll return.

There are a few more locations that need to be listed. It's a constant battle trying to keep things updated.
I'm waiting on some NC Open info before posting the 2010 schedule.

AC

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
I made that a public map so anyone can add locations to it, You should link to it on your page of locations.

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 03:51:11 AM »
I'll try to get Gloria to do that this weekend.

Greatly appreciated.

AC

Offline alaris

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »
We are busy getting things ready for the upcoming 2010 SC Open scheduled for Saturday, January 30th at Carolina Wings and Rib House in West Columbia, SC.  Here are some of the things that will make this year’s event exciting and worth attending.

2010 SC Open News

Earlier start time – we are starting registration at 10:00am and Novice Doubles (our most popular event) starts at 11:00am.

DYP – in addition to our traditional events, we have added a Modified ROTO DYP to the tournament.  This will be the last event of the day.   The modified Roto format is a standard DYP draw requiring team member s to switch positions (goalie/forward) each time their team scores.  The “modified” also allows the team the option of switching positions when they are scored upon.  The team members MUST switch when their team scores, they “MAY” switch when scored upon.

2010 SC Open T-Shirts – a special design 2010 SC Open T-Shirt will be on sale at the tournament.  Sizes M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL and 4XL will be available.  M – XL will cost $10.  2XL, 3XL and 4XL are $12.

Sponsors – this year we are pleased to have the following sponsors for the 2010 SC Open

·         Budweiser of Columbia (Columbia, SC)

·         Blenheim Bottling Company (Dillon, SC)

·         Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union (Columbia, SC)

·         Fat Buddies Two (Chapin, SC)

·         Loose Tools Race Team (Traveler’s Rest, SC)

·         Foosball for Quigley (Jacksonville, Fla.)

We are still looking for sponsors for the 2010 Open.  Please contact us if you know of any potential sponsors who may be interested in participating.

Expanding Player Base – This year we expect to see players from SC, Florida, NC, and Virginia in attendance.  We also are expecting to see a growing number of Tornado tour players coming to play in our Bonzini event.   A number of new players have joined our ranks over the past year and we are hopeful that both old and new SC players alike will come out for this year’s event.

Bonzini Points – This year we have made arrangements with Alan Cribbs from Bonzini USA to have the Bonzini Points system in place for the event.   In addition to the tables and lighting, Alan will be helping us by providing the software and computer support.  SC Foosball Players Association will be handling all other logistical aspects of the tournament.

PLEASE GO AHEAD AND MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR JANUARY 30TH FOR THE 2010 SC OPEN FOOSBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Bob Brown at grandpafoos@ yahoo.com

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »
@ alaris: No Bonzini in Jacksonville, we have a table at our venue but it never gets played on. There used to be a tournament somewhere outside of town but only Tornado get played here now.

Offline alaris

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »
Thanks Alaskan thunder... was hoping to hear Bonzini was active in that area but is good to know Tornado foos is played if I get a chance to get down there. I would try to sweet talk someone into a game of Bonzini  ;D

Offline alaris

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »
12 and under youth singes event will be added. Will post the time when scheduled, hopefully early in the day :)