Foosball.com Forums

Sportcraft is pissing me off!

Sportcraft is pissing me off!
« on: January 03, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »
I think this may be my first post but I have been a player for a couple years now.  I used to have a sportcraft table back about 6 months ago but had to sell it because I lost my job.  I just recently bought another one a couple weeks ago.  It's actually the same exact table just a darker wood and chrome all over.  Anyway to my point:

As you will notice with this picture instead of 5 blue guys I have 3

I figured that I would just buy another rod with 2 more blue guys and just be done.  Then I thought to myself, I will just drill the holes out and buy 2 men and save myself $40+.  The problem is when I called Sportcraft today the "sales rep" claimed that NONE of their parts are interchangeable.  I couldn't believe that this was actually possible. 

I came on here to see what you guys think I can do.  I know Sportcraft really isn't a hugely known company for foosball and most probably despise them but since I can't get anywhere with Sportcraft this is pretty much my last option.  The rods are 5/8" and here is a picture of the man:

Please help!

Offline Jeron

Re: Sportcraft is pissing me off!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
Well first off I don't think you can get parts for those tables.

your best bet is to find a used table somewhere
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:10:16 PM by Jeron »

Offline Jeron

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »
Is it new.... if so take it back and exchange it

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »
I have a friend who was on an extreme budget and bought Tornado rods and men and put them on a Sportcraft...but now that I hear your story about how all Sportcraft tables are not interchangeable, maybe he got lucky?  Although I do see Tornado rods and men retrofitted on other nameless brand tables from to time to time on Craigslist.  Take some measurements of your table and I bet someone here can help out.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »
No it's not new.  The guy I purchased it from claimed that he only used it maybe 10 times and Costco was the one that put it together.  I can actually vouch for this because I redid the whole table and had to retighten every single screw on the table.  It's gotta work to be able to drill my own holes and just buy the men.  The only thing is that I will have holes in the rods but oh well.

This is pretty much the table I have.  http://www.sportcraft.com/AMF-Coliseum-Foosball-Table-Prodview.html

I guess I may just have to find a retailer and do the specs myself.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:32:06 PM by pintobean11 »

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »

http://orders.sportcraft.com/orders/index.php?scdcmodel=1-2-35-910DS

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »

So you're saying they are interchangeable?

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »

So you're saying they are interchangeable?

It certainly looks like the same table.

I have no idea about cost but Sportcraft uses readily available off-the-shelf parts and it wouldn't be surprising if you could find a suitable rod replacement from somewhere else. Sportcraft tables (and others) are notorious for having wrong hole spacing, especially on the 2-rod... men are too far apart.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
Brad, I'm glad you pointed this website out.  Not only is there a link for tournaments (a work in progress, apparently) but, we finally have an end all for rule discussions.

I got this off their site.

Foosball Rules

Read official Foosball game rules from the number one manufacturer of foosball tables and table games worldwide. Get a printer-friendly version below, and get the foosball fun started!
TO PLAY
1. Players can be in any position before play begins.
2. To start play, flip a coin for service and drop or place the ball in the center of the foosball table or use the ball entry ring.
3. Pass and score by pushing and pulling rods and twisting grips. Spinning of rods can be legal or illegal, depending on which you prefer. If playing teams (more than two players) once the ball is served, players may not change position on the rods until one team scores or until the ball must be served again.
4. A point is scored when the ball enters the goal. A serve, by the team previously on defense, follows each goal.
5. Teams change table sides after each game.
6. Intentional jarring or tipping of table during play is illegal (except for a dead ball).
7. Reaching into the playing area during play is illegal (except for a dead ball)

DEAD BALL
If a ball stops between two opposing players, it is put back into play by placing or dropping the ball in the center of the table. When the ball stops between players of the same team, it is put back into play by placing it in the nearest corner of the playing field and releasing it.

OUT OF PLAY
If a ball leaves the playing area during play (other than through the goals), the ball is returned to play by placing or dropping the ball in the center of the game table or using the ball entry ring.

I'm waiting anxiously for the tournaments.  They better hurry though, at my age, Anheuser is a serious issue.

OK, I admit it.  I'm only having some fun...

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
^^^^um what?

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »
I have actually tried egay and they really don't have anything.  It's tough to find sportcraft parts.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
Sorry Pinto,

I was picking on Brad and making fun of Sportcraft.  His link was

I didn't investigate to see what parts are available.  You might try Craigslist also.  I'd be careful in the amount you spend.  Try to find some local players that might let you experiment with a Tornado rod.

And don't take their rules to heart.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Their website sucks, since for some reason you need to put all your information in before you even see what's available and everything is damn near out of stock as it is.  What a crappy company for customer service.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 06:59:09 AM »
Papafoos,

Thanks for posting the rules, that is just too funny! Along with the ones you highlighted, I like the tipping of the table is OK for a dead ball. Why go through all the effort of reaching in and placing the ball where it needs to go! Of course, it doesn't say what direction you should tilt the table, so maybe it's whoever lifts the table first gets the ball??! Too funny...

Take care....................................Tyler

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
Sportcraft called me back today and it turns out THEY DO actually make interchangeable parts.  $23 dollars later I have 2 blue/black men on the way.  No to find a bench press and drill these holes.  This out to be fun. 

Excited that I got my 4 chrome drink holders on the way too.  Can't believe I'm "pimping" out my foosball table.  :D