Foosball.com Forums

Searching for that used coin-op

Re: Searching for that used coin-op
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
I convinced myself that this is in fact a Mahogany T-2000, sans coin-op, and it is in very nice condition. I took the plunge! I paid $350 and once the keys arrive from Charles Mckintosh, I'll find out if I need to spend another $50 for the feet.

Thanks to all who assisted me in this process! Great forum!

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »
Wow that was a great price!

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »
That's a steal. I have a cherry coin op at my work. Everyone loves it. It's also on free play. A fast fun table.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 04:14:48 PM »
that is exactly my table except that i have upgraded it along the way and have merkel rods on my side...great table, steal at $350 even if u end up having to buy the feet

great job

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
that is exactly my table except that i have upgraded it along the way and have merkel rods on my side...great table, steal at $350 even if u end up having to buy the feet

great job

I owe my good fortune to your great advice! It s a beautiful table, and after cleaning off the dust, etc. I noticed that there is not a single scratch or mark on it. It looks brand new. I'm wondering if it has ever been used - perhaps that is why the feet weren't attached? In any case, it's a beauty and I can't thank you all enough for all the great advice I got from here. I'll take some pics now that it is all set up and in heavy use!

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
As far as delaminating goes, that could have just been poor quality control doing the veneer at the cabinet shop. If they use an air sprayer for the glue and don't coat both surfaces adequately AND then don't press/roller it down to make the best surface contact and remove any bubbles, then you get delamination. Once you put the laminate on wrong you usually don't get a second chance to install the same piece.  I had to learn that the hard way.