Offline Daniel

Favorite shot
« on: February 08, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
 :P

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: Favorite shot
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 05:11:46 PM »
I responded with the pull, since that's what I use.

But my favorite to see in action is a push-kick.  When done well it's really fun to watch.  Ditto the back-pin, but it's not really a serious shot.

The eclipse (aerial without getting the ball up on the men) is my favorite trick shot--tough to do on Tornado but I know one guy who can.  You basically knock the ball off the side strip, then when it pops up off the wall you hit the bottom of the ball with the man.  low-percentage but amazing.   Garlando players shoot it a lot more.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:09:51 PM »
...But my favorite to see in action is a push-kick.  When done well it's really fun to watch.  Ditto the back-pin, but it's not really a serious shot...

Okay Sumner... It's On!  All Back-Pins All Night on Wed... Get youself and bring you backpin defense to Champions!   That table is great for back-pins... dead-man both sides... backpin reverses... backpin brush splits, backpin banks.. and even a masse or 2 if you like!!!

Offline Daniel

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 04:06:45 PM »
Only 3 votes out of 717 members I guess I need better polls.

Lightning

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 07:20:30 AM »

The eclipse (aerial without getting the ball up on the men) is my favorite trick shot--tough to do on Tornado but I know one guy who can.  You basically knock the ball off the side strip, then when it pops up off the wall you hit the bottom of the ball with the man.  low-percentage but amazing.   Garlando players shoot it a lot more.

So do Jupiter players  ;D

bschanz

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »
okay, i must admit, that my favorite shot is the snake, in any direction.  only because most people i play cannot stop it yet.  when i run into someone who can, i usually go with a combo of banks, and/or a straight push.  but the snake is fun if it is falling.

ben

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:48:23 AM »
okay, i must admit, that my favorite shot is the snake, in any direction.  only because most people i play cannot stop it yet.  when i run into someone who can, i usually go with a combo of banks, and/or a straight push.  but the snake is fun if it is falling.

You will go a lot further if you work on improving the snake to the point where if someone is blocking it, you can adjust and find a way to score!

Britters1421

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:47:33 AM »
 I haven't seen the snake done yet, my friends and I have tried it but it seems rather weird. They were telling me how they watched some videos of Pros and the way they defend their goal is completly different than us. My favorite shot however is my friends. We can't find any shots similar, it is his own special shot, no one can stop it. This kid is amazing.

jimbojoiner

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 02:06:39 PM »
i put the snake as my fav but ever shot is really good to know and do well since it is always good to keep them guessing

billhfoos

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 05:24:30 PM »
My best shot is my pulll when my arm is healthy. I have been shooting pullkicks in tournament lately because of my arm and the ease at which they go in on many people... especially those new to the game, less than 15 years!  ;)

I shot a monkey for a while with reasonable success. But became bored with it. I shoot the monkey on those old foosers who can block a pullkick. They seem to have touble with the spin shot.

And to start a flame war... I think the monkey (snake, roll over, whatever) should be banned

Serge

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 04:10:45 AM »
i personally LOVE to shoot push....here in montreal..its revolutionizing our game....

and i forget who posted..
but yeah its to ur advantage to know more than one chot...but its impossible to master more than 2 IMO...i'd RATHER have one guaranteed shot...and a solid backup shot..than have 4 or 5 mediocre shots...u need a shot thats guaranteed...u shouldn't need to make the defender guess waht ur gonna shoot....u should beat them with them knowing what shot ur shooting..my 2 cents

Leeroy

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 09:56:38 PM »
Milking the Cow, a fun shot to see the pros use. 8)

alberto

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »
[The Push shot is great. I like it more than the others. Also it is easy to do and can be hard to stop.

Serge

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 12:53:07 AM »
u got taht right alberto!!

mrseanblake

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 03:46:39 PM »
My favorite by far is the snake, only for the simple fact i can do all angles and all sides of the hole so there is no blocking what so ever, unless you move around ALOT because I can get all the holes ill just wait for you to mess up. Now I know the snake is good but sometimes it is boring and people against me get frustrated so I switch it up, because if I beat my opponents they will not keep playing me so I have to switch it up, but now when I play against pros then thats a whole different story, because if you beat them then they only want to play more, but yet the only way I beat a pro is mostly by luck because they're are some good ones down here in Cedar Falls. yet my second favorite shot has to be the push kick, or the aerial shot because when i saw kjas do it then I was hooked and practice whenever I can. ( yet I fail to get it every time )