Foosball.com Forums

New Old Brown Marble

New Old Brown Marble
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »
Hi guys.  I love the forum....just got my first table.  Coin Opp Brown Marble table.  Really loving it.

Any suggestions on what I should do to tune it up?  What kind of oil do you recommend on the rods?

Thanks!

Re: New Old Brown Marble
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
Fyi...
Conventional oils will cause the plastic bushings (aka bearings) to degrade and fail prematurely.  Historically people used spray silicone and pledge... however the accepted standard for plastic bushing tables is a thicker non aerosol silicone lubricant... this site sells it in the shop section.

On home tables the teflon super lube  pen lube works very well and is provided as a standard lubricant with the shelti line of tables.   It is fantastic around the house for other unrelated things lIke hinges, threads, and gears... it is expensive but a premium product that works well on a home table.

Mixing oil, superlube, and silicone is not recommended.  Generally people use silicone foos lube at a bar table.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: New Old Brown Marble
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 02:37:19 AM »
Good lube answer. The super lube, as stated, is expensive and won't last nearly as long as standard Foos lube and there are other much less expensive lube solutions for around the house stuff.
Tune up....The answer depends on how much you play, do you play local DYP tourneys, do you want to, would you like your table to be as close to the current model as possible, do you play with other people on this table a lot or do you plan to? It will cost you something between $25 to $200 depending on your goals. Let me know and we can work through what if anything you do. Either way some hot water and muscle to clean everything completely. Dry rods well so they won't rust. Take all the split bearings if and soak then in got water and dish soap and scrub them, they probably have years of gunk built up...Dry then off and replace putting the smoothest halves on the bottom side of your shooting rods. That ought to keep you busy a while.