Foosball.com Forums

Warrior, Best Ball in the Foosball World!?

Offline MR.STEVE

• slowhand
Re: Warrior, Best Ball in the Foosball World!?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
I am sure the beginers had to adjust to the tables like everyone else I lost my long pull and my euro rev could not shoot either one the extra stickeyness of the ball wouldnt allow me to slide the ball that little extra I need. Ill get it worked out sooner or later ..

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »
No offense taken Syronis.  If you do get a chance you should try to get a game on a Bonzini - obviously a different feel but - as you implied - we should really celebrate the differences of the tables - not homogenize them.  I don't have much Tornado experience either but have witnessed some amazing play on these tables.  The good players don't seem to have any issues with lack of control though I can appreciate that the added control (and alleged banking possibilities) with the Warrior would be appealing.

Where does the Lechmacher and P4P fit into the control/speed spectrum?

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
This one's off topic, but if you're looking for a ITSF recognized toy-table it's definitely the new Roberto Sport Adrenaline!!!!! Talking about cheap material..... ;D

Back on-topic: I hope there will be a Warrior table soon in Holland to play and see how it plays. I look at the table just the way it is and try not to compare, because it's a different manufacturer so you'll never get a Warrior the same as a Tornado or a Leonhart like a Tecball or vice versa and so on, so better see the table as a Warrior and except the way the table is with it's own characteristics to overcome and learn to deal with as a player.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:00:47 PM by Fastert »

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 05:33:53 PM »
Fastert, if you're looking for a table that most closely resembles a Warrior table, you should try to play the new German Fireball table. It seems to be fairly similar in design. I'm not sure how the rods and everything else play into it.

Honestly Basso, I couldn't really tell you wher P4P and Lehmacher tables fit into the overall spectrum. I would say that the control is slightly better due to the angle of the feet, but the speed is just a hair slower. You'd probably have to ask somebody who plays on all kinds of tables, and somebody who is a lot better at Foosball than myself. I haven't been involved in any regular foosball activities for many years, and am trying to get my own table now to practice on.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 05:34:13 AM »
Fastert, if you're looking for a table that most closely resembles a Warrior table, you should try to play the new German Fireball table. It seems to be fairly similar in design. I'm not sure how the rods and everything else play into it.

I haven't had the chance to personally examine the characteristics of the Warrior but I seriously doubt it's really similar to the Fireball:

Warrior                       Fireball

W-Ball                     T-Ball
Massive rods             Hollow rods
Tornado feet             Newly designed feet
Sidestrips                 Seamless surface lifting
Surface?                  Lehmacher surface

Where does the Lechmacher and P4P fit into the control/speed spectrum?

Lehmacher's P4P and Tecball both have a lot more control than Tornado, which also makes them significantly slower.

I'd say it looks like this:

Tornado  Warrior          Fireball                                         P4P/Tecball                 Bonzini
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
little control/high speed                                                                                       extreme control/low speed
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:44:10 AM by thebodygroove »

Offline Will17

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
Can anyone place other tables onto that? I'm sure Fabi and many others are on the left of tornado/warrior too. how about roberto sport, techball, garlando, rene pierre?

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 10:49:19 PM »
I'm not trying to say the Warrior table doesn't play like Tornado. The Warrior table is built in China. That should say everthing.The table is built extremly cheap.Thats why the table is junk and falling apart after playing on acouple of days. I dont know if you have every seen Warrior golf clubs or Skate board, but they are built cheaply also. I don't think the table will ever be built better. Its all about the money for Warrior, that why its built in China.( Cheap materials and cheap labor) Tony Spreaderman said why bother putting so much time into getting better.When the ball and table just evens out the skill level more. Yes the table would be good to put in boys and girls clubs, arcade rooms, and anywhere kids play. But the table should never be for big tournaments. I don't think Warrior Table is going to change the quality of the table other than making a coin-op. I hope the table comes with a good warranty, because it's going to fall apart. I was at the Kentucky Tournament and saw how  they were built. 1 word for what I saw (cheap) Should be selling them  out of Walmart with only a 5 day warranty for $99. Will have to see what happens to the table in a few months of play.

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 02:26:55 AM »
Mr. Basso,

Can you identify yourself please?
Have we ever met?
You're observation of the Bonzini table is very astute.

The basic Bonzini model has not changed in 50 years. I can still order parts for tables built in the 1950's from Bonzini which is a pretty good indicator of their popularity and sturdy construction world-wide. And while players may never see a $10,000 or $20,000 tournamnet events from Bonzini U.S.A. we will continue to host our "Zero" profit events that support local charities in our Bonzini U.S.A. player regions.

I will be announcing details of our upcoming NC State Foosball Championships this weekend.
If you have never been to one of our events this will be a great opportunity to compete and meet an outstanding group of players that are not only accomplished players but contributors to the local community also.

Cannot comment on the Warrior.
I have seen similar components on other Asian made products at past tradeshows.
As far as Bonzini being describe as a slower style of play, I have to disargree.
It may apppear slower when played by players unfamiliar with the table characterisitcs.
But it is a pretty fast pace game when played by experienced players. Garlando is probably the fastest table-soccer game played by the general public.
These are definately some interesting times for the U.S. in the world of foos.

:DSupport the USTSF :D

The AQBB Team at the 2008 VA State Foosball Championship

Tournament room action

Alan Cribbs
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:39:12 AM by Alan Cribbs »

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »
Re: Warrior, Best Ball in the Foosball World!? (next to the Bonzini ITSF-B)

Hi Alan

Mr. Basso here - We have never met but we have spoken.  It's Todd (from Toronto).  I recently purchased the ITSF Bonzini player figures for my table from you (and more recently paid the brokerage fees  :-[).  I also had a lot to do with a recent B90 purchase from you.  My neighbour (Sharon) bought it - not that I had to convince her to get one.  In fact she had pretty much free access to mine but she was so charmed by the Bonzini that she had to have one of her own.  I think I live on the only street in Ontario with two Bonzinis!! - it's a start.

We did have a good discussion when we spoke on the new Bonzini ball and you mentioned there was some reluctance to embrace them in NC and area.  Has that changed?  I got some of these balls from you as well a while back and I am sold on them now.  I think you do lose a little control over the yellow cork but the roll is true and they are virtually indestructible - in fact I think they get better/stickier as you use them.   That is definitely an advantage over the Tornado, Dynamo and (I assume) the Warrior ball.  From what I've heard (and it seems to make sense), is that as these balls are used, the "fuzz" gets worn off and the ball gets slick resulting in less control.   

I agree with your comment on the slower style for Bonzini - i.e. it's only slow if you slow it down.  Otherwise it can be incredibly fast.  In fact my wife loves the gitoni style as played on the FABI tables that are ubiquitous in the Toronto area - super fast with generally little or no ball control. So occasionally we just play it that way (I am banned from using my pin).  Playing that way actually develops a different part of your game.

Anyway - I could talk Bonzini all day but this post is getting a little long and slightly off topic.  I hope to make it to one of your tourneys at some point and if you're ever up this way - drop me a line (or a post).  I have little tourneys myself with friends every couple of months.  I sucker them in with food, drinks and an interesting "theme" but they stay for the foos.

regards

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:56:56 AM by MrBasso »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 05:54:55 AM »
I'll agree with you that Tornado has to many "top" models. It seems to be changing almost yearly. I'm still not comfortable with Tornado tables, I learned to play on a Lehmacher and played a bit on P4P when I was an exchange student years ago. I've never faced anybody decent at foosball to really gauge an opinion on Tornado. Mostly from what I do know, is that I really like the speed... but I hate the ball, but to that token I love the sound the ball makes cracking the back of the goal. I don't really understand why they decided to flatten the table and use 3 goalies, but it's become somewhat of a standard in a lot of american tables for some reason.

Spoken like a true righthander!

There may be three goalkeeper players on the goal rod, but there is still only one player that can play in front of the goal.  You can't make the fullbacks teleport to the goal area to dig out a ball, so they put the players there.  Despite the whinings of many single goalplayer table players, it has really changed the game of doubles.  Back and forward dribbling and control of the ball in either goal corner is much easier, passing options to the forward are increased, and backslap shots & passes from the 2bar to the Gbar forward are possible, compared to the single Gplayer.  It makes the game more complete with passes and shots able to come from the corners.

Three(3) bar Goalkeeper rods are definitely closer to soccer than single Gplayer tables, and I myself, personally, have never seen a soccer field with ramps at the corners and no players allowed on the ramps.  I know a lot of hockey and field hockey players also like foosball for similar miniature characteristics, and they've never seen hockey or court rinks with ramps even in the curved/rounded corners.  Do you have soccer or field hockey fields or hockey rinks with these ramps where you hail from (originally) ?? :)  Think of real soccer without all the corner kicks!  Pretty exciting then, huh?

The single Gplayer tables, including the new Warrior (2003 version was a 3player Gbar) are kind of a sad reversal for all the goalkeepers, because they remove all the shotmaking and playmaking options from the G3 and G1, making a goalkeeper much more defensive and forcing him/her to concentrate on the right handed characteristics of the 2bar.  Tornado liberated the play from the goal area, but it seems it is trying to cripple it again with their 1 Gplayer option for after Sept 1st.  It's the usual punishment & discrimination against all left handers and ambidextrous players, typical in this right handed world.  But hey, it is what it is.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 02:04:48 PM »
That is definitely an advantage over the Tornado, Dynamo and (I assume) the Warrior ball.  From what I've heard (and it seems to make sense), is that as these balls are used, the "fuzz" gets worn off and the ball gets slick resulting in less control.   

Tornado balls lose most of their grip after a few matches, whereas the Warrior ball kept its grippiness throughout KY State.  I'm sure there's a point where the Warrior ball's control diminishes, but it's much longer than the Tornado's.

Offline marty

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
just a thought but could the heavyer rods play into why on warrior
it was easyer to catch passes

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »
............. and I myself, personally, have never seen a soccer field with ramps at the corners and no players allowed on the ramps.  I know a lot of hockey and field hockey players also like foosball for similar miniature characteristics, and they've never seen hockey or court rinks with ramps even in the curved/rounded corners.  Do you have soccer or field hockey fields or hockey rinks with these ramps where you hail from (originally) ?? :)  Think of real soccer without all the corner kicks!  Pretty exciting then, huh?..........

Not the best equipment to go into battle with there......
As I've never seen a soccer field or hockey rink with players that have rods sticking thru them, keeping them from going to the corner to get the ball or puck either.
And I'd bet that neither has anyone else for that mater.

So....................KABOOM!!!!  Lol!!

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 04:10:23 AM »
Todd from Toronto,

Great poster BTW.
Know where I can get one?
I hope you get to make it to one of our events ssoon. Sharon was a pleasure to meet at the NC Open this year.
I hope she is enjoying her table also.
I do remember talking with you briefly and as you can tell I'm pretty excited about the things we're doing in the world of foosball with Bonzini U.S.A even after 34 years of playing.
Stay in touch and thanks for helping develop Bonzini play in your area.

Alan

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »
............. and I myself, personally, have never seen a soccer field with ramps at the corners and no players allowed on the ramps.  I know a lot of hockey and field hockey players also like foosball for similar miniature characteristics, and they've never seen hockey or court rinks with ramps even in the curved/rounded corners.  Do you have soccer or field hockey fields or hockey rinks with these ramps where you hail from (originally) ?? :)  Think of real soccer without all the corner kicks!  Pretty exciting then, huh?..........

Not the best equipment to go into battle with there......
As I've never seen a soccer field or hockey rink with players that have rods sticking thru them, keeping them from going to the corner to get the ball or puck either.
And I'd bet that neither has anyone else for that mater.

So....................KABOOM!!!!  Lol!!

Excuse mO1 ??  Yo! yo! yo! Carlito.... Google "Human Foosball"... the German and English and African results should illuminate you...  With pictures too!   It's gotta be all that corn in Iowa :D.

Is this Chuck? or Carlos? So how much are we betting?  Euro's? Yuan's?  Pesetas? Kronen?  Whatever you want....

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:38:39 PM by foozkillah »